Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Oct 22, 2014

Need some help with a bezel spring on my Seamaster 200. It is an 396.1041 a you can spin the bezel both ways . It is also a little loose on the watch . I bought what i thought was the right spring . But it doesn't fit . Can't find a picture where i can see how it is supose to look .

DSCN4125.JPG DSCN4126.JPG
  2. glennsim Oct 22, 2014

hi,

this watch has a bezel that should turn only uni-directional instead of both ways. (correct me if wrong).

Not sure how the actually spring looks like as there can be 2 types usually;

1) flat ring piece with 3 slanted protrusion sides and 1 downwards protrusion.

the only reason if it can turn both ways(slightly easily or by little force) is the 3 x angled/protruding sides of the flat ring isn't angled high enough (almost flat). Usually even a slight angle will make them click ok in a single direction(slanted in 1 way= turns in 1 direction). You can just do a very slight higher bent on these 3 protruded sides. Be careful as it will make the bezel really hard to turn.

And of course the protruded part that's pointed downwards goes into the 'hole' on the case.

2)
    If its a spring action click ball type then you change a suitable spring in it (the hole) but never lose the top click ball part.

3. rogart ray it again, Ram. Oct 22, 2014

Ok so maybe it is the spring click ball type i have?. Their is not supose to be any click spring ring in this type of Seamaster model ? That is for some other model . How do i change the spring in the click ball .?Or can i just tighen it up .

4. glennsim Oct 22, 2014

its usually made of 2 parts, the very small and thin spring and the 'ball' which goes on top of the spring. Probably deterioration due to age/dirt trapped , the spring looses its elastic deflection/ 'springy-ness'. Clickball can also get worn down over decade of usage.

Why not go to a watchmaker since he will have extra parts for it(small spring) or he can do something to help u.

5. rogart ray it again, Ram. Oct 22, 2014

Ok .Thanks for the info . The ""ball" is very easy to press down . Is their any way i can replace the spring. How is it assemble? From the underside or from the top . Off course i will go to a watchmaker but i want to understand how it works anyway :)

6. glennsim Oct 23, 2014

from the top . the hole is just partial hole where a spring is inserted follow by the click ball and pushing it in.

rogart likes this.
  7. rogart ray it again, Ram. Oct 23, 2014

Sounds like a tricky job . Leave that for the watchmaker to fix . Only thing i did now was to bend the bezel spring to make the bezel to sit a little harder and not spin to much or jump of . BTW the bezelspring is new .

DSCN4133.JPG