Forums Latest Members
  1. sulaco Jun 29, 2013

I just received a watch that i was searching for years.
    Its a fully restored Omega 1000m, that practically looks like new.
    That actually means it lacks the history of one in original condition, but on the
    other hand, these watches are really really hard to find.
    Additionally the price was too good to let it pass.
    Together with my Ploprof these two are the crown of my Omega Diver collection.
    But the fun just started because now i need to find a correct 22mm Isofrane, because i am not
    much of a fan for the Mesh ;)

image.jpg image.jpg

nitediver, Mark020, Dr No and 14 others like this.
  2. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 29, 2013

That is beautiful ::love:: Congratulations on your find. Because divers have a much higher attrition rate than normal watches, and these were rareish to begin with I think that if a case and dial etc are too far gone then this type of restoration is fine. Do you dive?

3. sulaco Jun 29, 2013

Thanks Central, I used to dive, but i quit years ago because i couldnt afford two hobbies (Big Game Fishing and Scuba diving) on vacation.
    ;)

4. stefan Jun 29, 2013

Big congratulation, Stunning watch specially with the big logo Omega dial::love:: , love this model and it's so good to wear it, even in the rain :)

111.jpg

Varasc, nitediver, strick9 and 9 others like this.
  5. sulaco Jun 29, 2013

Your's is pretty nice too, does it have a radial or sunburst finish.

6. stefan Jun 29, 2013

Hi, it's sunburst finish on mine.

7. plongeur78 Jul 12, 2013

Beautiful watch sulaco,definately one for my 'to own' list!

8. cozzani1978 Jul 12, 2013

Hello!
    Very fine and rare watch, congratulation!
    This is mine....

[​IMG]

Kiwibloke, Dr No, amphib44 and 7 others like this.
  9. sulaco Jul 13, 2013

wow, yours looks awesome :thumbsup:

10. cozzani1978 Jul 13, 2013

11. Andean Oct 5, 2013

First, congrats! A couple questions:
    - what is the difference between a radial and sunburst finish
    - I have the history of mine since inception in the early 70s and it has been worn regularly, I was going to have Omega replace the bezel and crystal with wear and tear and polish the case. Are any of these factory repairs a big no no as far as collector values go?

TsoloT likes this.
  12. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 5, 2013

very nice watch ! did it come from switzerland? there is a dealer ( wachtmeisterin), who assembles these from NOS parts and the cases have surfaced a few years ago. nobody knows, where all these came from.... if you order an excerpt from the factory, it tells you, where the movement belongs to. for many years the 1000 meter was a very,very ,very rare watch. after these cases surfaced, it is a regular model on the bay. but, whatever it is, it is a very desirable model. enjoy it! kind regards. achim

Mark020 likes this.
  13. sulaco Oct 5, 2013

Andean,
    well i will try to explain the difference and hope you will understand it because english is not my native tongue ;-)
    Sunburst is a finish where the brushing is applied from a centerpoint (lets say the post where the hands are set on)
    moving outward in non paralell lines
    [​IMG]
    c/o by thor chronometry

Radial finish are circles that are apllied in a paralell pattern and the circles get Bigger.

[​IMG]
    c/o by ?

I tend to believe that the radial finish is original on the 1000m and either when the watch is restored by Omega or it has a newer service case
    it has a sunburst finish.

@Achim I know where the Service cases come from, in fact they are older service cases as they are engraved on the inside but not laser engraved.

[​IMG]

The hands are original tritium filled hands.
    And the dial is also an older service dial, i bought it years ago from watchco when only the service dails with the small indices at 12 o clock
    existed
    Apart from that it´s like a watchco SM300 ;-)
    I don´t know how many cases Watchmeisterin has left, buy my source is running out of stock ;-)

14. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 6, 2013

Mine has some service parts (dial, hands and bezel) but the case is old and has battle scars. Circular brush finish. Sulaco - I am not English speaking either but I think sunburst and radial is the same thing. At least when talking about wheels - radial spoking means spokes going straight from the central hub - out to the rim. Word origin would, I guess, be radius?

Does the "new found" cases have eight lugholes? Four larger and four smaller? At some time I saw a 1000m sold at ebay that did not have eight.

Regards
    JE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dogmann and initialjh like this.
  15. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 6, 2013

ahhhhh, was that boat the old timber cruiser from a scandinavian country, that i admired so much????? and for the service cases: there were 2 sources . one from asia and the second source inside switzerland was working for omega, when they dumped all parts into the scrap metal container ........ he was sensible enough to rescue most of them. kind regards. achim

16. sulaco Oct 6, 2013

@JP very nice and i love the scars on the case ;-)
    @Achim, the guy i got the parts from was the one who saved them from scrap ;-)
    He is a pretty decent guy and also a Certina Expert

17. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 6, 2013

what a small world........ send me a private mail, if you have time. kind regards. achim

18. Andean Oct 7, 2013

Thanks all. Does the mark '5 096' on the outside of the case mean anything?

TsoloT likes this.
  19. Ranto Dec 27, 2013

Hello guys, I'am Roberto from Italy,

This is mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SaarAvigour, Dr No, marco and 4 others like this.
  20. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 27, 2013

Welcome Ranto, nice SM1000 there

SaarAvigour likes this.