Forums Latest Members

Omega purchase from Vintage-Watches-Collection

1. Omega Jun 21, 2014

My very recent unhappy experience of buying an Omega watch from Mr Hardy at Vintage-Watches-Collection included:

• receipt of a watch, sent in bubble wrap and with no box, which was not working and had to be repaired at considerable cost by an accredited craftsman
    • refusal by the seller to provide a brief written receipt for watch purchase to me, despite my seven requests for a receipt by telephone, email and text
    • the seller stating that I could neither pick up nor return the watch in person from April 2014 until November 2014 as every working hour in the business was already booked with other work or customers. This situation is contradictory to the information which was provided on the website
    • the owner then stating that the website was two years out of date
    • the owner's dismissal of my concerns by saying patronisingly that the sum that I had paid for the Omega was a trifling amount, and insultingly that I shouldn't be buying this watch anyway.
    I would add that the seller did email me finally after my last contact with him to say that he would send me a cheque reimbursing me for the watch if I returned it to him by registered post. I did not feel comfortable enough to do this as I had not received a receipt in the manner that I had requested several times and therefore did not have a satisfactory proof of purchase.