Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums sales forums improvements

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 27, 2014

George as well who is both a dealer and collector is counted as a high volume seller, even though aside from Speedmasters he had a Constellation Deluxe on brick bracelet from his personal collection to sell recently. In an ideal world we would want him to be able to post that in an area that gets more exposure as it's a one off item of interest and not a common thing he sells or a commercial sale, however currently we're limited in what we can do.

So this is currently the best way we can address this right now, as our top goal is quality of experience for members and discussion about watches. We are working on some very special things and in time were going to be able to free ourselves of the constraints the forum format places on FS listings.

2. Selbo Aug 27, 2014

Late to the party but I think this is a great enhancement to the site. I like to review every watch listed for sale but you're right, the random little guy seller's listing can get buried quickly by the high volume sellers. It's great that you've found a way to accommodate all sellers yet also maintain access for all potential buyers. Thanks for continuing to work to improve what is already a great forum.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 27, 2014

Kudos for this improvement :thumbsup:
    Your member-centric forum development is top notch and unparalleled.........

4. ulackfocus Aug 27, 2014

Short version: ΩF Rocks!

Modest_Proposal likes this.
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 11, 2014

Just wanted to say, now that the new sales forum configuration has been in place for a while, that in my eyes, it has been a very good upgrade to the OF experience. Thanks again for making it so.

epl108 and UncleBuck like this.
  6. Mothra Sep 12, 2014

It is a huge improvement - have you had any feedback from the pro sellers? It doesn't seem to have hurt the views they get much....

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2014

They still get a lot of views as people do read it, and its indexed by watch recon, I'd imagine some might not like it but at the end of the day, its a community watch discussion site, not a cheap alternative to eBay that we want to be most of all.

epl108 and Darlinboy like this.
  8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 12, 2014

Small suggestion: Please put sticky thread about private sales rules in the subforum. That way people could distinguish with the 'other' sales subforum.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2014

Done.

10. peatnick Sep 12, 2014

The link from tapatalk still points to the original sales forum so anyone who uses a tablet or phone goes to that forum

Not sure what % of traffic is tablet vs browser but imagine there are still a lot of visitors to the "pro" sales thread due to this . . .

11. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 16, 2014

It seems that new posters do not read the rules and post in the wrong section. We should add the text (Dealers Only) as I'm moving quite a few threads from the dealer section to private to keep in keeping with the change.

12. Hijak Sep 16, 2014

Several sellers have been posting in both