Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums sales forums improvements

1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

We've added a new forum titled "Private Watch Sales" to help us cope with the surge in higher volume sales posts by dealers. The new forum will be moderated closely and limited exclusively to very low-volume private sellers. FS posts from here will appear in your "Latest" feed, as we're expecting it to be vintage-focused and more relevant.

The top shortcut to "Watch Sales" on our front page now points to this forum by default.
    http://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/

lando, DanOmega, Mothra and 7 others like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

Any members considered a "Volume Seller" are going to be able to continue posting as normal in the old FS forum, we're not setting a legal definition here as there will probably be a dozen or more people wanting to argue that they don't meet the definition but to put it simply if you're a volume seller, or if your ability to Create a new thread has been disabled for that forum, that is why. This includes CF-Ken :)

There is a limit of ONE thread OR ONE bump per day on the Private Watch Sales forum per person.

lando, Waynepjr, UncleBuck and 3 others like this.
  3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

...and his Cat.
    7372.jpg

4. peatnick Aug 26, 2014

Well done

Thanks for clarifying

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

Actually I understand all cats are banned from Private Watch Sales as they tend to cop an attitude. :cautious:

JohnSteed likes this.
  6. ulackfocus Aug 26, 2014

Cats are assholes. Said so in a book of facts:

9622236316092313.jpg

I can live with it, but there are occasions where collectors like me sell 3 or 4 watches at a time.

Archer likes this.
  7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 26, 2014

Please don't relegate "Flipper" Dablitzer to the dealers section - he sells some nice, vintage watches.

tpatta and Hijak like this.
  8. Tritium Aug 26, 2014

Agree :thumbsup:
    I will personally enter the dealers forum, just for watching Dablitzer, Kringkily and some others sales.

Thanks for making the sales forum much easier this way! It was uncomfortable jumping through all the 10xbumps-together to find a nice vintage piece.

JohnSteed likes this.
  9. JohnSteed Aug 26, 2014

Great update / change to help manage site growth.

Thx!

10. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 26, 2014

Sounds good to me. And I am confident that if the setup warrants "tweaking" down the road, you and our ace mod crew will be all over it! Thanks for all you do for this community. :thumbsup:

rhetoric likes this.
  11. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

Dennis, you will see that there are one-time exceptions for multiple listings. Just check the appropriate box: "Home renovation," "Wedding" or "Breguet"

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

All three for BINGO!

13. Waynepjr Aug 26, 2014

I am so pleased to see this has happened! Was getting to be a little crazy with on the floor, felt like I had walked into Sam's Club when I started seeing a major dealer blasting. "Where did all the REAL people go"???

Wayne

14. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

He's running it as a business (there's a company website setup, etc). Over time, I'm sure we'll see a few higher volume vintage sellers come up too. Generally speaking, I think if you have a website promoting yourself as a vintage/modern dealer, that would exclude you from listing private sales ads. :)

15. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Aug 26, 2014

Great idea, thanks guys

16. speedbird Aug 26, 2014

Excellent idea

17. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 26, 2014

This now is an excellent set up. Those that want to peruse the amateur listing without seeing the same watches over and over again can now do so.

Thanks Guys!
    gatorcpa

lenny and Trev like this.
  18. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 27, 2014

Apologies Trev, I hadn't realised he had taken it that far. I thought he was just liberating cash, getting ready for a "spectacular".

Good work though on a much needed improvement.

19. Dablitzer Aug 27, 2014

Thanks for the comments Stu.

I am indeed a collector/trader (Yet I currently buy more watches for my collection than I sell.) The high volume of buying needs to have an outlet for sales. So, I have built a website catering to collectors who want to buy some nice pieces (IMHO) possibly ones I have in my private collection that never reach the forum, too. Due to the nature of my job, travelling around Europe a lot, I figure why not spend some time to divert, have a distraction from my main focus...:thumbsup:

I want to thank you for all my support on this forum, I am only in the transitional stages (I have a website in it's preliminary stages... ) and wouldn't label myself a dealer quite yet (I have a full time music career....And have been a collector of antiquities for the past 15 years) But I wish to be fair on here, and to my dear friends (the handful of which I have developed a close trust and friendship with..) and do some business with the great network of collectors that OF's has created..:)

I can only thank OF's for their support over my first two years of vintage watch collecting/trading :) And I welcome OF's improvements 100%. This is the essence of what initially drew me here, the focus on detail, and collectors knowledge.

20. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 27, 2014

Certainly no need to apologise :) We're only looking for reasonable ways to draw the line between personal sales and anything that reaches beyond that. The goal is to keep the new forum low volume, with more member-to-member opportunities on unique pieces. It quickly loses it's appeal if the same sellers are bumping sets of watches every day (or week).

As mentioned, the long term goal is to develop better filtering options which could be set as user preferences. So, if someone wanted Dablitzer's sales to show up in their "Latest" list but not cf-ken's cat, they could easily swap it around.

cicindela and khmt2 like this.