Forums Latest Members

Omega Forums 2 - Report Bugs, Provide Input. Help Shape The Future Of Our Forum

1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 6, 2013

Very good. It's very fast with Chrome. I wish the alerts button still on home page though.........save me one click to check any alert (well.....see how diligent I am......)

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

We've found the alerts system doesn't stay up to date fast enough. The behaviour of it is a bit odd sometimes. We made it a bit less prominent until we can get it doing realtime alerts (or something similar). :)

Privateday7 likes this.
  3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

The behaviour I don't like is situations where:
    1) I check this thread and read your latest reply
    2) Open alerts in a new page, there's still a "new" alert notifying me about the post that I just read.

The act of viewing the thread with a new reply should un-flag it as "new" (IMO). Feels a bit broken.

4. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 6, 2013

At first I didn't like the bright color change.
    My first thought was the black and red and grey gave it
    a relaxed feeling using it, whereas the new bright color
    gui felt busier. I'm adapting though. Sorta miss seeing who replied to
    my posts quickly though. Iphone use very difficult, navigation touches
    are on top of each other.

5. AJDay Mar 12, 2013

Understood, but now I'm lost: where do I find the alerts at all??

6. ulackfocus Mar 12, 2013

It's on the next line under "Latest" when you're looking at the Latest Posts.

7. AJDay Mar 12, 2013

Aha! Didn't see it there, thanks!

8. Steve Mar 13, 2013

Working, and looking great :thumbsup:

Trev likes this.
  9. Ferik Jun 19, 2013

I really like this forum, it's so much nicer than other watch or other forums. What software are you guys using?

10. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 19, 2013

Thanks Ferik. Glad to hear you like it.

Omega Forums is running on XenForo, but with some extensive customization. Many of the view templates and all styles are completely rewritten. There's also some more moderate tweaks and changes made to the core codebase.

"Forums" in general tend to provide a fairly poor user experience. We're trying our best to improve that in any way that's practical.

11. Ferik Jun 19, 2013

Yeah, I usually yearn for Tapatalk support but I think OF is leaps and bounds beyond those old bbpress type forums (or worse). Looks great.

3573 speedy, 1967 SM300 + OmegaForums = bliss

12. Melhadary Jun 19, 2013

Just noticed this thread! I like this idea of RSS feeds.

I actually use general and news RSS feeds on my Mac Air screensaver, and it'd be great to receive selected forum updates constantly, and log on whenever I need to dwell deeper into forum matters :)

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 19, 2013

I'm still pressing on to finish ΩF2.1, which should provide an even more viable alternative to firing up Tapatalk. Almost all of the focus has been directed towards making the experience on mobile device suck less. :)

XenForo has a great core, but it unfortunately still conforms to many old ideas when it comes to user interface and interaction. It can be a real pain in the ass trying to "fix" some things.

14. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 19, 2013

There's already our primary RSS feed:
    http://omegaforums.net/forums/-/index.rss

I don't think we have many people using it, but if there's a demand we could also provide feeds for separate forums.

15. Melhadary Jun 19, 2013

Awesome! Just added it, and will give it a run.
    Thanks Trev :thumbsup:

16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 19, 2013

Trev...........I am not expert in software, but what you have done to improve the User Interface is awesome. I never encounter forum software as good as this forum. Very user friendly. You have created the Apple of forum software.

17. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 19, 2013

Thank you :)

If anyone has specific feedback, wish-lists, things that annoy them, etc, please feel free to PM me any time.

18. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 19, 2013

I've now added RSS feeds for each forum, you should also see an RSS button on the bottom of each page.

As an example: If you're viewing the "Watch Sales" forum, it's now possible to subscribe via RSS for only that forum.

19. Melhadary Jun 19, 2013

Excellent.... Very convenient and user friendly :thumbsup:

Very much appreciate all you've done here too, Trev, and the rest of the team, to make this forum an incredible experience.

20. KARNAK Jun 19, 2013

Hi guys,
    I seem to be having a problem, I had brought it to TREV'S attention some time ago and he presto the problem was solved. Problem is when I bring up a thread, I cannot reply as in the bottom right hand corner enclosed in a square, blue with white writing with the words log in or sign up, this happens even when I am online. It asks you to insert the 2 words that are there to sign up.
    Can you please shed any light on this to solve the problem.Sorry to trouble you but it is kinda frustrating, if you can solve this I would really appreciate it.
    Thank you,
    KARNAK.