Forums Latest Members
  1. watchingwatchers Sep 1, 2014

My wife has been looking for a new watch and mentioning "Omega". I kept telling her that was about as luxury as Casio. I came to that conclusion because my long-gone Uncle left me his watch, an Omega.

Long story short... I've come to understand the brand certainly is 'luxury' and I likely underestimated my Uncle's tastes. So, I finally get around to researching it a bit. I can verify that it is at least 20 years old (thats how long I've owned it). Three images are below. Front face says "Omega Constellation". Back of watch and back of clasp say "18K" on the first line and "0.750" on a second line.

I looked a bit online, and found a watch similar but without the distinctive ?scroll? marks on the band.

So, lets play... real or fake. Assuming its real, where would I get the best price for it?

Thanks in advance.

WP_20140901_007.jpg WP_20140901_008.jpg WP_20140901_009.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 1, 2014

Game over, its fake.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 2, 2014

Certainly fake

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 2, 2014

A Dremelised fake to boot!

5. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 2, 2014

Unfortunately, despite the 'brutality' of the above remarks they are true. :) It would be interesting to see what movement is inside, probably a pin lever movement from the Orient or Russia. The dial looks very Cartier although some Omega ultrathins had similar dials. Case is plated with something and the bracelet looks from the pics to be pinchbeck.

I'm sure your uncle was a sterling chap, but unfortunately he was either duped in this purchase or had an exceptional sense of humour.

Regards

Desmond

watchingwatchers likes this.
  6. watchingwatchers Sep 2, 2014

Thanks everyone. Can't say I'm surprised, but still hit with a bit of the "wander off from the set of The Antiques Roadshow, smiling at the camera, and saying nonsense about how you wouldn't have sold it anyway".

;-)

Mothra likes this.
  7. MjolnirCFC Sep 6, 2014

Lol! 'Omega is like Casio'. That was awesome. Bet it made some of the Rolex/Breitling fans laugh a bit.