Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Apr 22, 2014

That would work, ala James Bond. Personally, I'd want a spring launch system for Sidewinders on my roof and an M134 mini-gun that could swing out of my front fender. "Too close for missiles. Switching to guns!". :p

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2014

The vast majority of parts in watches are, and have been for likely centuries, non-ferrous of course...

The most common material for movement plates and bridges is brass, followed by nickel silver (German Silver is another name used, in particular if you are Germany).

There are actually few "steel" parts in most watches. The pinions on wheel are steel, springs, levers, cams on chronographs, cover plates, but the bulk of the watch is not steel or any ferrous material.

And if you hate that "Delrin" (a.k.a. plastic) brake in the Cal. 861, then you should never own anything with a Lemania 5100 base movement...it is so jammed full of plastic it would probably make you cry. ;)

Cheers, Al

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 22, 2014

That's where you need my car. Most people actually move over so they can listen to it going past them. That is, except for the drivers of family mini-buses, people carriers, MPVs or whatever they call them these days.

4. STEELE May 1, 2014

No wonder the American cars drive in the "left" lane! Our Canadian road sign reads "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS". Hmmm.....

5. ulackfocus May 1, 2014

Ooooo, you got me! I was focused on the drivers who camp in the left lane. My joke is the law must have changed to KEEP LEFT PASS RIGHT. :p

citizenrich likes this.
  6. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 2, 2014

That's what caught my attention in the thread title. I was thinking: "What's wrong with Titanium, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Tungsten, etc, etc?" :) Thought the OP might have a strange fetish for iron/steel.
    Hang-552x732.jpg