Forums Latest Members

No "WATERPROOF" on the back of a first generation Dynamic

1. Superburger Nov 21, 2014

Hi everyone,

I bought one of my first Omegas back in 2004, a first gen dynamic. The dial, case, and crystal are beautiful. Everything looks original. It keeps good time and based on how the date sets, I'm pretty sure it's a 565 (I haven't opened it). So why doesn't it include "WATERPROOF" on the back? It only includes "TOOL 107". What's the deal?

Thanks!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 21, 2014

Omega wasn't entirely consistent with case markings.

Tool 107 is the tool required to remove the crystal so that the movement can be removed.

T1071.JPG

T1072.JPG

Nobel Prize likes this.
  3. Superburger Nov 23, 2014

Thanks JimInOz. I figure the there were inconsistencies in the case markings, but I've never seen one that didn't include "WATERPROOF" and I haven't seen it discussed previously on the forums. It's hard to imagine that there were or are fake dynamic cases. Wouldn't it be harder not to include the word waterproof than to just include it? I heard there were later model cases with the rounded edges but mine has crisp hard edges.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 23, 2014

One of mine doesn't have waterproof on it, although it's hard to tell if it has worn away or just was never there in the first place.

5. Superburger Nov 23, 2014

Thanks, coming from you, that means a lot. BTW, how many Dynamics do you own?

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 23, 2014

I'm down to 7 at the moment, all first generation.