Forums Latest Members
  1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 30, 2014

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 30, 2014

Thats some big dollars for a MK2 though, they go for less than half of that frequently

3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 30, 2014

holy moly, this guy must be getting tons of traffic from his mad men thingy.

$1800 for a re-dialed wittnauer 188 chrono? I'm not trying to be a dcik but this watch ain't really worth 1/6th of 1800. Btw - That's a quality re-dial - I'm really familiar with this specific model and the picture fooled me - nothing about the re-dial says re -dial which is what makes a good re-dial. Blasphemy!! Lolzzz

i just took a quick peek trough his current listings and I recognized a lot of watches from recent ebay auctions. He must be (((desperate))) for inventory! G-d bless him (I'm not Jewish but I learned that from orthodox Hebrew buddies :) ).

image.jpg
  4. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 30, 2014

*edited for my stupidity and buffoonery! I looked at his first "Chocolate" speedy mk2 in the listings... sorry 'bout that. He's got a few.

Did you see the movement on the first one? (((yikes))) The bridge looks like it was used as a,,,,,well, um,,,,bridge? And, the regulator is all kinds of fcuked. only because copper plated omega watches almost always look pretty mint does this send up a really red flag (IMHO).

I'm beginning to sense a little bit of panic buying in the vintage watch market. anyone else feel this way?

image.jpg
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 30, 2014

Quality on this webstore is very uneven IMO. The publicity of supplying watches to "Mad Men" has driven up traffic I'm sure. Good for business - challenging to maintain quality inventory. No bargains to be had there - full dealer pricing+ - but has the occasional gem if you're diligent, informed, and quick on the trigger. I have found the descriptions to be honest with respect to originality but - no surprise - full of puffy superlatives on condition & desirability, with flaws glossed over.