Forums Latest Members

Newest Acquisition: Pie Pan De Ville Co-Axial

1. TropicConnie Sep 21, 2018

Just sharing my latest (and to-date most expensive) impulse purchase: a De Ville Co-Axial with some unusual features more often associated with the 1950's Constellation De Luxe pie pans. I have known these were out there for a few years now, and I spent that time waiting for one to come along; I'm a big fan of the old Constellations with brick bracelets and pie pan dials, but cannot justify the price. Any other forum members here have a De Ville like this? The tiny amount of info I've found online seems to indicate they were made exclusively for the Japanese market.

The movement is a 2403, otherwise found in Railmasters from the early years of the 21st century. Data I can find on this movement states it runs at 25,200; however I put mine on my timer and it automatically detected 28,800. There seems to be a few revisions of the early Co-Axials so I'm guessing the frequency discrepancy is just a case of that.

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 21, 2018
    akshayluc420, AdamS and nickgr like this.
  2. LemansBoiler Sep 21, 2018

I don’t know anything about it, but it sure looks nice! Do you have a picture on your wrist?

Congrats :thumbsup:

TropicConnie and Paulomega like this.
  3. TropicConnie Sep 21, 2018

Cheers! I missed 10:10 but this will do for now. Presently it's about 4 seconds fast since I set it around this time yesterday. Not bad at all!

[​IMG]

LemansBoiler, nickgr and DTMwatch like this.
  4. DTMwatch Sep 21, 2018

Great looking watches. I watch and bracelet are both unique and nicely designed. Thanks for sharing.

TropicConnie likes this.
  5. dinexus Sep 21, 2018

Whoa, that's extremely cool. Have any more shots of the bracelet to share? How are the links segmented/attached?

TropicConnie likes this.
  6. TropicConnie Sep 21, 2018

Devistated to say it's back at the workshop at present - last night I caught the raised lip of the band on a stone counter. :eek:::facepalm2:: Luckily the majority of the (fixable but nonetheless annoying) damage happened on a link that is attached with a pin. Here's the dealer's image which shows how the bracelet links attach. Quite different to the old brick bracelets!

EDIT: My research seems to imply these bracelets are uncommon and quite expensive, so I'll likely keep it for the most special occasions and regularly wear the watch on a strap.

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 23, 2018
  7. TropicConnie Sep 27, 2018

I now have my watch back and I am thrilled to say the refinishing on the bracelet is practically invisible. I'd like to get a rubber strap with a deployant buckle, to preserve the brick bracelet. Does anyone know if the generic Omega compatible straps on eBay will work? They seem to be for Seamasters, I'm unsure if the geometry of the lugs is similar enough to work.