Forums Latest Members

New member with first Omega watch

1. Green Piper Jun 16, 2014

Hi,

Just got my first Omega. It's a Constellation from 1965 from my local watch store. The repair guy was about to go on vacation when I picked it up and hadn't fully tested it after servicing. Anyway, I was finding that it was stopping when face-down. It looked like the second hand was just touching the crystal. So I found a local (Denver area) certified Omega repair place and took it to them. They confirmed that the hands were set too high and adjusted them for me. They also said that the previous servicing was not very good. They were impressed with the watch and thought that I had purchased it for a good price.

The watch came with the black leather embossed strap, and I was thinking that I'd change it to a brown. The watchmaker reckoned that it looks better with the current strap - formal and stylish. What do you guys think?

Please look over the photos as I'd like opinions on how much dial cleaning/restoration to submit the watch to. Also whether the dial would have been lumed (the dial says "T Swiss Made T"), so it should be lumed (with Tritium?).

I was also very pleased when I looked up the serial number (24,439,964) as being one of the 100,000 contiguous numbers that scored an "excellent" rating from the Bureau de Marche.

I am unsure if the crystal is a replacement. It does not have the omega symbol in the center. The crystal has cracks along the edge.

Anyway, I am very pleased with my "new" Omega Constellation, may it be the first of multiple Omegas (maybe Seamaster or Speedmaster next).

Charlie

IMG_8239.jpg IMG_8240.jpg IMG_8243.jpg IMG_8244.jpg IMG_8246.jpg IMG_8247.jpg