Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 1, 2014

That gold president one is NUTS

2. Geoscope24 Aug 1, 2014

Yes... Very unique 70s look, but a strange color combo - orange markers and gold...

3. Misterred Mar 25, 2016

I just bought one myself! I was looking for one of those for a very long time. A few times I was very close. But now I pulled the trigger. I cannot wait until it arrives. Only thing that is missing is the steel bracelet. If someone knows where to acquire one of those... Please let me know!

MMMD likes this.
  4. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Mar 25, 2016

Congrats, you'll love it.

The bracelet does complete the chunky 70's machismo of the piece.
    [​IMG]

Hijak, Jwit, x3no and 3 others like this.
  5. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Mar 25, 2016

BTW, we will of course need to see some photos when you have it in hand.

6. Rman Mar 25, 2016

Did your dial clean up that radically or did you source a new one?
    Fantastic!

MMMD likes this.
  7. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Mar 25, 2016

Dial is unchanged. An NOS case, crystal and minute ring did the trick.

cvalue13 likes this.
  8. Steve9pm Strangely obsessed with cheap manual wind watches. Mar 26, 2016

That is one worldly watch

9. Misterred Apr 1, 2016

Wow yours looks great MMMD! Where did you find a NOS case and inner ring?

I still have not received mine. It should arrive any day now. I will probably at first go for a vintage looking leather strap. I saw some examples and it looks really good in my opinion. But I still want to acquire an original Edox bracelet. I'll place some pics here the moment I received the watch.

10. Misterred Apr 4, 2016

I just received my watch. I find it is in even better condition than expected. The colors of the hands are vivid, and the dial is stunning. I knew the inner bezel has lost the 0 part . But it could be that this little part is somewhere to be found within the watch itself. And otherwise I should be able to find an inner bezel somewhere sometime. My main question to you guys is: where should the crowns be situated, on the right side or on the left side? I see so many different examples. I thought the 48 mm had the crowns on the left side. And the 42 mm had the crowns on the right side. But I checked again and I now also see quite some examples of the 42 mm with crowns on the left side as well. Information and help is much appreciated.

Hereby some pictures: IMG_20160402_121211.jpg IMG_20160404_161336.jpg

MMMD, dragoman and GregH like this.
  11. ISAKOFF Apr 4, 2016

wow insane watch!

12. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Apr 4, 2016

Looks great, congrats!

I think they were released in both left- and right-handed models. It's easy enough to switch from one side to the other... just invert the outer bezels. My watchmaker asked me which side I wanted the crowns on when he serviced it.

There was a guy in California who had a cache of them on eBay a couple of years ago. I wish I'd bought more. You have to be careful, though, as there are lots of fakes out there.

dragoman likes this.
  13. cristos71 Apr 4, 2016

I was in touch with this seller for a while trying to source some parts for mine, unfortunately he went silent on me, I´ve no idea why, quite frustrating....

I´m also still looking for the same inner bezel as @Misterred example is missing, so if anyone has a lead please PM me :)

Here´s my example

2016-01-17 edox 3.jpg

MMMD likes this.
  14. dragoman Apr 4, 2016

For example

[​IMG]

or
    [​IMG]

Basically, under EDOX it should read GEOSCOPE, instead of SWISS, and the map should be crisp, instead of a blurry mess of colours.

MMMD likes this.
  15. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Apr 4, 2016

Yes, and case and crown signatures are a little different on the fakes.

16. Misterred Apr 5, 2016

Easy to recognize those fakes. The dial is soooooo ugly, the hour indicators are non-orange, and the crowns have some sort inverted Edox logo instead of the applied logo of the legit version. And the hands are less vividly colored. But those fakes still seem to fetch around €300,-. Very sad to see. I always try to report them at eBay but they pop-up almost every week.

I hope to find a very beat up version of the Geoscope that has a good inner bezel and a original bracelet. Or perhaps find someone who has a bunch of replacement parts :) Last year I saw a guy offering a NOS case with parts on eBay. I was tempted to buy one of those but at that time I did not have the watch. But I will find one inner bezel one day. If any of you guys have one, or know one for sale, please let me know!

17. Misterred Oct 1, 2016

Found a guy on eBay who was selling true NOS Geoscope cases, including 24 hour bezel and second ring, for only $120. Brought the watch I own with the new case to my watch repair guy and now I have an almost perfect Geoscope! I love the watch. It is such a rare example and I really love the fact I own one.

Only thing I am still looking for is the original bracelet. If anyone knowns one for sale, please let me know!

18. cristos71 Oct 1, 2016

I also picked up one of these cases on Ebay and my Geoscope is waiting patiently for a trip to my watchmaker to fit the inner bezel, although I think I´m actually more than likely to rehouse the complete watch into the NOS case.

19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 9, 2016

Hang around @artefla, there are may brands to be seen here, your education is just beginning.

20. Fortyniner Jul 18, 2019

Hi, can you please help a fellow edox geoscope 42 mm 1971 vintage owner to source one of these 14 sided 38 mm wrenches please. So difficult to locate.