Forums Latest Members
  1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 14, 2014

Something happened to me that has never happened quite like this before...
    I had three pre-moon 321 Speedies and a 1041 Speedy Auto. I prepared to sell my Omegas to chase a (non-Omega) grail. I decided to keep one of the 321's (I call it "Gene") and took it to my watch maker.
    I sold the one I called "Ed," the former grail straight lug on its original bracelet (and it found a fine new home with an Omega Forum family member). No regrets.
    I got an offer on the one I call "Brick," the 1041. Fine example of a great watch. We never bonded (few collectors do when they finally strap that brick on the wrist), so away it goes. No regrets.
    The last in the drawer (remember, one is at the watch maker's shop), a 105.012-65 called "Neil," was sold last week. It kept great time for me with the crown down (off 9 seconds in 5 days) and everything functioned.
    The day after I sent it, I had no pre-moon Speedy to wear. I began to feel remorse, but kept reminding myself it was all for the greater grail. The self-talk however was of no consolation.
    The buyer was not pleased with the time keeping after 24 hours dial up (minus 29 seconds), and took it to their watch maker for an exam. The buyer was not pleased with the findings, and asked for my advice. Rather than risk damaging my limited but good reputation, I immediately offered a refund. The buyer return-shipped it immediately.
    I have never been happier to see a deal fall apart! I once again have a 321 Speedy to wear, and I'll wear it until my other is completed. Then I'll have it serviced and decide if I want to keep it.
    The new grail will have to wait, just as it has for the nearly two years I have desired to own it. Someday...
    So in the meantime, welcome back, Neil!
    [​IMG]

Varasc, AuBuyer, Privateday7 and 3 others like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 15, 2014

Read the post with tension building and you didnt even give a sniff of the non-Omega grail. ? You can message me if you dont want to tell all::popcorn::

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 15, 2014

Sounds familiar :) Happens to me with almost every watch I let go.
    Ed says hi.

Time Exposure likes this.
  4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 15, 2014

Ha! I forget the Omega Forum family embraces many different faces. My grail is another chronograph, just recently discontinued: Patek Philippe 5980 Nautilus, with a preference for the black dial/white on black date/red chrono hand:
    [​IMG]

Catch is, I have to sell my Nautilus Comet to do it, and either 1) the market for a Comet is tiny, 2) my price is higher than it should be, 3) folks are hesitant to wire $24k to some guy who's next biggest sale was a $9.4K Daytona, or 4) all the above!
    [​IMG]

So I may be "stuck" with the Comet for a while...

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 15, 2014

Hi!
    I sometimes chase another example of a watch I have previously sold, but I never want one of my transactions to actually "unwind" (although it has happened a couple times).
    This was the first time I actually felt, "yes! Not satisfied! Please send it back!" :)

JohnSteed likes this.
  6. Jimmy Jim Apr 15, 2014

I would love to have such a problem. ;)

7. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Apr 15, 2014

So I may be "stuck" with the Comet for a while...

On the Way to Going Broke I bought my wife and I Ladies & Gents Nautilus in 1987. These were are daily beaters for 25 years. Although they are long gone, and the movement in my 3800 was maybe the worst Patek movement ever, I really miss mine.

Not to worry as your "Comet" has a terrific movement and is gaining popularity by the day. If you'rs is 100% OEM complete, you should have no problems getting at least $24K. Hell, if I still had the "Dead Presidents", they would be on the way as soon as I was done typing ;-)

Time Exposure likes this.