Forums Latest Members
  1. Moaschtee Feb 8, 2015

Hi all, I am completely new to Universal Geneve and vintage watches in general. I came across this and can't find anything on it. The case back says its a Polerouter, however I can't find any other Polerouter featuring this dial. Seller also claims the dial is original and hasn't been reworked.. Any thoughts on the movement condition? Would be great if some of you could share their thoughts about this watch:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2sX_ee9CSCcOGdVN1B1VmZHdU0&usp=sharing

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 8, 2015

Redial. If I recall correctly, many similar-style pseudomilitary redials come out of Thailand - all with black backgrounds and heavy lume.

Avoid.

3. Moaschtee Feb 8, 2015

Thanks a lot for your insights, are there any similar, authentic dials out there?

Can't help but really like the dial. I came across quiet a few "dutch army watches" looking similar.

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 8, 2015

those are real but much smaller - 31mm if I recall. Most of us, even the hard core vintage guys, find that a bit too small.

There are, but you've got to fish them out of a sea of fakes. These military style dials are pretty popular, especially among those new to the hobby, so they have also become a favorite of redialers and fakers. They make it easy to move all kinds of trash into the hands of the unwary.

5. Carlton-Browne Feb 9, 2015

You speak for yourself :whistling:. If I'm not mistaken they're 30mm (mine's away having a new mainspring fitted so I can't measure it) but, and particularly f you get one with a good dial, they really don't seem it. I'll concede it probably helps not having a large wrist.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2015