Forums Latest Members

Need Advice Omega Seamaster Professional

1. Alexo Jan 5, 2013

I need some advice here this is an omega smp quartz the very first modell i suspect that the end links is fake or not original aftermarket parts ? You can se clearly that the end links dosent have the shiny finish that the braclet has. Also i suspect that the Helium Crown is not Original because it doesent have the omega logo also the end links does not fit proper. I need some expert help please.
    fkkk.jpg kkffs.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

You're right on both counts... I wouldn't even touch that watch

3. Alexo Jan 5, 2013

more people are welcome to share their opinions :)

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

We would be happy to with more pictures, as it is now there is nothing more to say than what you noted and Ashely confirmed.

5. Alexo Jan 5, 2013

Here you go, Im in a dispute with the seller should i send it back for a refund or stick with it ? The colour on the bezel seams very bad and fade away just by turning it...T_T DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0004.JPG DSC_0007.JPG

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

Send it back, there are fake parts on the watch, you deserve better than that.

7. Alexo Jan 5, 2013

Thanks dsio :). i like the look but i hate everything that's fake or not original. I will be more carefull before my next pursche. I hope i will get my money back so the seller does not scam me...I payed arround 1200 USD for this watch...And i have everything against me in this case because the seller has 3848 possitive feedback i quess and almost 5 star rating he sells very much expansive omega watches on ebay so its very strange and odd i thought i was safe :(

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

Have you opened the watch? You could take it to an Omega AD to verify that it and or parts are genuine. Regardless if the seller agrees to take it back, just do it ASAP.

9. Alexo Jan 5, 2013

I was actually at an Omega AD yesterday he took a quick look on the watch and said that the end links seams fake and he also said that the colour on the lume dot dosent match the colour on the dial lume, also suspicious about the colour on the bezel fade very easy might be a repaint. Also the watch had wrong battery inside so he replaced that one to the right one. He also said that the HE crown should have Omega logo on it. The watch has the Omega Eta 1438 movment. I am so happy i went otherwise the time would have gone and i might have to stuck with this...

SpikiSpikester and dsio like this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

Yea for sure, there's nothing worse than finding out about something like this when its already too late to solve it.