Forums Latest Members
  1. spigatelli Apr 14, 2014

I got this as a gift in 2000. It came from Ashford.com, if I remember correctly. The crystal cracked later that year and I had it replaced at a place in Irving, Texas. They informed me that the previous people to open it did not put a seal on the back. Ignore the crappy band and I am sorry for the pictures that appear to have been taken with a potato.

How does it look? Based on a web search, it is around a 1961 model? How often do I need to have this serviced? Anyone know of a place in Dallas/Ft Worth that can service it? Oh, and how the hell do I put the back on this thing? I feel like I am going to break something trying to put it on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Apr 14, 2014

That serial number of 18 million does date it to 1961, which would make this the latest caliber 503 I've ever seen. The shape of the S in Seamaster is the usual font for the 50x series.

As a matter of fact, that's so late I wonder if the movement was assembled from parts - pieces from a 503 and one of the 55x / 56x series.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 15, 2014

It's not WIS Collector quality but it's OK for a daily vintage wearer.

I'd get it properly serviced, it looks like it needs it.

The back should just screw on with little effort, don't force it or you may cross thread it.

4. spigatelli Apr 15, 2014

So what can I expect to pay for a regular service? Or better yet, what quote would you walk away from? How can I find out if this is originally a 503 or if someone mix-matched some ish in the past? My boss needs to have his Omega serviced (newer Seamaster), as well. Anyone know a good joint in the Fort Worth area, or do you usually send them in someplace?