Forums Latest Members

My first time and not my last....;)

1. Dablitzer May 31, 2014

I've been pondering on getting one of these for a while... Partly after seeing Alpha and also ulackfocus examples.

I am blown away by this piece. I think the white opaline dial is stunning in flesh and has so much colour reflecting off the dial. The teak textured (ribbed) effect is nothing short of a masterpiece in watch design IMO.

The reason I decided on this is partly the beautiful 8500 co-axial movement with 60 plus power reserve. And partly, I just love how they have kept some older design traits with the Seamaster line. Case shape, lugs. And dial. And arrow hands.

The white arrowheads with superluminova are quite something...:)

Here are a few snaps. The watch is still unworn and has original box and guaranteed cards. And less than a year old. It's NOS effectively.

Unfortunately the bracelet is too big so I can't wear it yet! :(

I have a question. I'm unsure about the size. Can someone tell me how I can work it out by a reference number or something? It feels like 41mm but until I measure it I can't be sure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A super lume shot:

[​IMG]

Here's a few other white arrowheads to join the club ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alam, rhetoric, Mothra and 4 others like this.
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 31, 2014

Welcome to Aqua Terra club, bro ....

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. Dablitzer May 31, 2014

Thanks HP! Forgot that you had one too...:)

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2014

Very nice indeed, the AT 8500 is a very impressive piece indeed

Dablitzer likes this.
  5. ulackfocus May 31, 2014

I'd use the position of the date window relative to the minute/second track. The 38.5 mm version has a date window that is right on the edge, while the 41 has a space between the window and track where an extra 'plank' on the dial fits. Yours has the space, so I'd say it's 41 mm.

Stock photo of the 38.5 Skyfall:

[​IMG]

My photo of the 38.5 Skyfall:

[​IMG]

You can see the window is right up against that track.

Dablitzer likes this.
  6. ulackfocus May 31, 2014

Oh yeah….. LUME SHOT!

[​IMG]

Dablitzer likes this.
  7. Dablitzer May 31, 2014

Thanks ulackfocus - a handy thing to know! I still need to feel it on my wrist, I will be giving it a week or so to see if the size works. The mid-size looks very proportionate on your wrists if I remember!

8. Dablitzer May 31, 2014

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

9. ulackfocus May 31, 2014

At 6 3/4", the 41 felt too big. I know I can wear up to 43 mm, but it doesn't feel comfortable. 35 - 39.5 is right in my wheelhouse.

Also, it's another rule of thumb with Omega to check the date window to estimate the size. The old AT, the PO, Seamaster 300m Professionals…. you can tell which version of it by how far the date window is from the rehaut / edge of the dial.

(as with everything Omega, there are exceptions to that rule though)

10. NT931 May 31, 2014

Nice watch Alex! The other way to confirm the size is to look at the model number on the card. It should say "231.10.xx. blah blah" where xx is 39 for the 38.5mm models and 42 for the 41.5mm models. But as Dennis has pointed out, the gap he mentioned indicates yours is a 41.5mm model.

11. Dablitzer May 31, 2014

Thanks Nigel,
    DO you ever wear yours on a strap? I have a few links to remove and I'm itching to wear it!!

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2014

Congrats mate, they're a great looking watch!

I've always wondered what these would look like on mesh...

Probably because I like everything on mesh.

But the sharp shark's tooth dial furniture could work well with it. More mesh IMO.

Someone will post a Patek Calatrava in 18K WG some day... "Needs more mesh"

Dablitzer likes this.
  13. NT931 May 31, 2014

Nope, I've always worn mine on the bracelet. Some people have complained about the half links but I guess I'm lucky cos having a half link on either side fits my slim wrists perfectly and very comfortably. The half link occasionally jams though - known issue with the bracelet but not a big deal.

14. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices May 31, 2014

Thanks Nigel, DO you ever wear yours on a strap? I have a few links to remove and I'm itching to wear it!!

Obviously I can't answer for Nigel, gut I love to wear almost any watch with new "Gator" shoes. I have bought them from almost everywhere and anyone. IMHE, I find Frankie at Banda offers the the biggest bank for the bucks, by far. Take a look - http://www.banda.com/ Try tailor Made Straps I - Good Hunting, Miki

15. Dablitzer May 31, 2014

Thanks Mick,

Will give them a try!

16. logan2z May 31, 2014

Congrats on the AT. I've only had mine a few weeks but it's fast become one of my favorite watches. I recently switched from the bracelet to the OEM strap/deployant and prefer the look on strap. Shows off the beautiful lugs better IMO.

[​IMG]

rhetoric likes this.
  17. ulackfocus May 31, 2014

Dablitzer likes this.
  18. Dablitzer May 31, 2014

Very nice! I'm thinking a distressed dark honey gator for mine with deployment clasp for wkends. AND the bracelet for weekdays...:D

Edit: the lugs are 20mm, right?

19. ulackfocus May 31, 2014

I think so for the 41 mm version. The 38 mm model has 19 mm lugs.

20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 31, 2014

That's one drawback to otherwise almost perfect bracelet.