Forums Latest Members
  1. JM92 Apr 12, 2014

Hi,

I have the below Seamaster. Its a great watch and has been in my family since new in 1970. It was given to my granddad as a retirement present, it has his name, company name and retirement date engraved on the back.

It got left to me a few years a go now but I rarely wear it as I have a few other watches so gave it to my dad to wear. We had the watch serviced and polished about three months a go and also the new strap fitted. Since then my dad has complained about it loosing time, since yesterday he said it has lost six minutes!

Does anyone know what could be causing this? We had it serviced by someone who was advertising on line, after some re-search I noticed he was on this (or another Omega) forum and had good recommendations.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2014

Who handled the servicing? Was it Omega or someone good?

3. JM92 Apr 12, 2014

It was not Omega. Someone apparently good.
    I will try to dig out the info.

4. Hotwheelbill Apr 12, 2014

The city or at least state, that it was serviced may help.

5. ulackfocus Apr 12, 2014

Nice 166.032 Sparkle. Whoever did the casework left the edges pretty crisp. :thumbsup:

6. JM92 Apr 12, 2014

As far as I remember his name was Gary (Omega-Maniac on ebay) and he was from Doncaster, UK.

Yes it is a lovely watch. It has another bracelet on it which my granddad must have fit. It did not suit it so we went for the above Omega bracelet.

Thanks

7. JM92 Apr 12, 2014

Bump

8. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Apr 12, 2014

Seems like the best thing would be to contact the person that did the servicing and ask them. I'm sure they'd want the opportunity to put it right, although it may not necessarily be as a direct result of the service.