Forums Latest Members
  1. cristos71 Jun 10, 2014

Thanks for the tip. After a little toing and froing I´ve just bought a copy for 195 pounds :) I didn´t feel there was too much room for manoeuvre with the price!
    Looking forward very much to receiving it but I´m also a bit worried that I am going to become obsessed with Speedmasters and all their minutiae!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

Is the 195 from him on ebay?

3. cristos71 Jun 10, 2014

Yup

4. Ferik Jun 10, 2014

Fantastic book, just received it. Seems it doesn't cover the Mark 2-5 Speedmasters though, am I wrong?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

I gather from the name its Moonwatch's only, the Mark series sit outside of the Moonwatch family as would reduced, automatics etc.

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

Just bought it from him at £195 too :)

cristos71 likes this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

Hilarious the sense of accomplishment that comes with shaving £7 quid off the price of something on a website full of watches worth thousands

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

In my case it's more to do with the fact I'll probably receive it quicker than if I order from the publisher !

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

I'm pretty tempted too, I actually own no good watch references... been meaning to get AJTT for some time, now I need that + this.

10. CdnWatchDoc Jun 11, 2014

Mine just arrived in the mail today!! Fantastic book!! Congrats to the authors on such a tome :thumbsup:

speedy4ever likes this.
  11. cristos71 Jun 11, 2014

Every 7 pounds saved is one step closer to the 2914 that I´m dreaming of :)

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  12. Davidt Jun 11, 2014

I was really hoping that a lot of the comments would centre around how disappointing, inaccurate and overpriced the book was. Seems that's no where near the truth so now I'll have to pick on up!;)

13. repoman Jul 22, 2014

I'm late to the Moonwatch Only party.. my local AD just received a copy (that they will be using in store for their own reference purposes). I got a chance to leaf through it and was BLOWN AWAY at the quality of this work. I'm placing my order right now, this is a must have.

14. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jul 23, 2014

I received the book last week and simply put, this is the new standard on watch books in general. We all know that is difficult to state with all certainty which variant of a watch left the factory as-is and which was modified (by Omega or someone else) at a later time. However, Moonwatch Only gives a very very good indication on all made Speedmaster (Professional) 'Moonwatch' models out there since 1957. Every detail is covered in its own chapter, from all the different types of movements to the packaging material. This book is the reference on Moonwatches but also should be the new standard for all other collector's books on watches to be honest. Although I love the 'The Master of Omega' book, the Journey Through Time books and the Mondani books on Rolexes for example, this book is of a whole new level.

It retails for 250 Euro and I'd say it is definitely worth it. This small investment (but relative high price for 'just a book') will prevent you from making mistakes when buying your (vintage) Speedmaster. That's worth more than 250 Euro in my opinion.

No book is free of mistakes or misinterpretation, but this book has been carefully written and put-together. The only thing I can think of that deserves attention is the fact that no-one is absolutely certain on some configurations and how they left the factory. Although these guys this a tremendous job in verifying and research, I spotted a few things that should have left a bit more room for 'interpretation'. However, only very very very minor and in the end I certainly could not have done it better.

I (we, of Fratello Watches) are currently giving one away in a raffle (see http://www.fratellowatches.com/fratello-watches-10-year-anniversary-great-giveaways/) for our 10th anniversary. If you can't wait or don't want to join, I would order one anyway if you are serious about Speedmasters.

Ton67, DanOmega, lando and 7 others like this.
  15. wwhntr Aug 6, 2014

Made offer on Moonwatch Only book listing by mondanieditore on eBay. Has one listed at "Buy It Now" $350USD or "Best Offer" + $4 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271568992414Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Was a little surprised that seller accepted my offer of $300USD +$4 shipping! (Plus eBay gave me 8% back on eBay Bucks! Net cost at $280USD!) Anyone here bought one for less?

tpatta and repoman like this.
  16. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 7, 2014

Just ordered one up from him. 300.00US. Bought from him before. Be sure to send him a pic of you and any of his books. You will then be an exclusive member of "Club Mondanieditore". :confused:

17. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Sep 16, 2014

Just bumping this for the Aussie contingent.
    eBay Australia are offering 15% off up until 11:59 tonight on purchases over $50 and up to a discount of $100 to celebrate their 15th Birthday.

Just made an offer to mondanieditore against their BIN of AU$353 + AU$60 shipping on the ebay.com.au site requesting reduced shipping as they can do it for $4 to the US (?).
    Received a counter offer back of AU$340 + AU$30 shipping.

Less the 15% eBay voucher (type CELEBRATE15 in the promo code box at checkout) the total (shipped) came to AU$314.50 (approx US$283 / GBP 175)

I think that's pretty good for us on the other side of the planet. Saved AU$98.50 over just accepting the BIN and quoted shipping.
    Get in quick. The boys at mondanieditore are at work in Italy and responding to eBay messages and the eBay voucher only has five and a half hours to run.

Update: Received via FedEx Tues 23/09/14 - Just inside a week from order, to shipping from Italy, bouncing around Charles de Gaulle and Heathrow, to receipt in Australia. :)

JohnSteed, watchyouwant and cristos71 like this.
  18. Varasc Sep 16, 2014

I would like to find a copy of this fascinating book, especially after reading all the positive reviews here and elsewhere. But it's far too expensive for my pocket, I am afraid. :-(

19. Alessi156 Sep 16, 2014

I got my copy a few weeks ago. I agree with others that it is an excellent book and a "must have" for those interested in the speedmaster.

20. bill5959 Sep 16, 2014

Mine was free:D

wwhntr and ock2915 like this.