Forums Latest Members
  1. haga888 Jan 26, 2015

I bought this A3817 with nice dial and hands but a terrible case that not only had been poorly polished but looked like it was thrown in a rock-tumbler just for fun. After seeing the transformation that Abel Court had done for a similar watch that LouS has, I decided to send it off to him to see what he could do for me. I tried to find a donor case before I sent it off so he had more to work with but as I'm sure most have found, even donor's are into the $3-4K range now. And finding an untouched case is tough. So I just sent it with my fingers crossed. It's always nice to have your high-expectations exceeded. I didn't take too many detailed pictures of the watch prior to sending unfortunately so I'm struggling to find pics of how bad this case was but here's a few:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is what I got back last week (some of the photos are Abel's):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, a wrist shot:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for bonus points, since this is a watch forum who doesn't like to look at more pics. Here's a Heuer Carrera 1153 I had also sent to get a new crystal, which came back with a refurbished case. This case might have been worse than the A3817, completely polished to a poor shine and rounded.

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After being touched by the hands of a magician:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I couldn't be happier with the results. When you consider the transformation of the watch and what I think it has added to the value of the watches, the cost is almost negligible. THANK YOU MR.COURT!

HeuerLoon, pitpro, Adri and 9 others like this.
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 26, 2015

Oh Great! Now it'll be take even longer to get watches back from him!

Seriously, very nice work on that A3817. I would have been skeptical it was recoverable.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 26, 2015

Wow, what a difference!!

4. jud Jan 26, 2015

Beautiful work.

5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 26, 2015

Bloody hell. How many welding rods did he get through?. That is amazing work.

6. OmegaRookie Jan 26, 2015

Awesome! I love that Heuer. Great looking watch

7. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 27, 2015

He is the Magician! :thumbsup: Can't wait to get back a couple of watches from him.

8. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Jan 27, 2015

Chalk and cheese, that kind of work is the difference between not wearing at all and always wearing a watch
    [​IMG]
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After

HeuerLoon and Dogmann like this.