Forums Latest Members

Longines Flagship Assessment

1. Redwheelbarrow May 2, 2014

Flagship 4.jpg Please share opinions on this Longines Flagship I'm considering. I'm inexperienced and would greatly appreciate the help of Forum experts. Reportedly this is an original mid-60's model. If so, could anyone suggest a general price range for Flagships from this era?

Thank you

[​IMG]

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 2, 2014

Your photos didnt work. Could you try uploading again

3. ulackfocus May 2, 2014

Get me some good photos and I'll give you a good assessment.

Redwheelbarrow likes this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 3, 2014

You have to use a web host (like Photobucket) for the pictures. Using a secure e-mail server and trying to copy the address isn't going to work here or on any other forum.

Most hosting services will automatically generate addresses when the pictures are posted there. Copy this address and use the "picture" function above (that's the icon with the mountain.)

gatorcpa

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 3, 2014

Or better yet, just upload them by clicking the camera icon

6. Redwheelbarrow May 15, 2014

Thank you sir. Please don't give up on me yet. :thumbsup:

Flagship 3.jpg

7. ulackfocus May 15, 2014

That certainly is a 60's model. It has a manual wind caliber 285 inside. There are several dial variations of that watch. It came in stainless, 10K gold filled, and 14K solid gold. A quick desklamp shot of 2 more styles:

[​IMG]

You can find these anywhere from $350 up to $900 depending on metal and condition. The stainless one you're looking at should be a $400-ish watch. Add a couple hundred if (truly) serviced by a professional.

TropicConnie likes this.
  8. Redwheelbarrow May 16, 2014

Beautiful examples you've shared, which indicate the variety and elegance of 60's Flagships. Thank you for the help!

9. ulackfocus May 16, 2014

Are you huntiing for a Flagship like this, or was it just a target of opportunity that happened into your crosshairs?

10. Redwheelbarrow May 17, 2014

Most appealing was its slick, early-60's, SS design style. As I learn the brand, Longines impresses me as more traditional than Omega. So I was struck by the Mad-Men-esque design of this Flagship. But it's a bit overpriced and not as striking as some. I've seen more impressive Conquests and Admirals, but rarely come across excellent SS examples of these higher-line models. Overall I've enjoyed learning about Longines on the Foum and would appreciate any tips that might lead to that special watch.

11. ulackfocus May 17, 2014

That's a mid tier watch, not really as high end as the original Flagships were. It still has an in-house caliber though so it's a worthwhile addition to a collection of 60's Longines. The better, more desired (and therefore higher priced) manual wind models had the 30L and 30LS calibers inside.

TropicConnie and Redwheelbarrow like this.