Forums Latest Members

Lange 1 20th anniversary pre-celebration in Dresden

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Aug 24, 2014

[​IMG]
    With the upcoming Lange 1 20th anniversary by A. Lange & Söhne, we were privileged to be invited for a pre-festivity photo shoot. Together with friends of the show Kristian Haagen and Alexander Linz we travelled to Dresden, where a themed photo shoot was arranged for us. After our individual arrival on monday, we enjoyed dinner with Wilhelm Schmidt, Arnd Einhorn and Clemens Von Walzel from Lange. During the presentation of the desert we found an extra sweet treat on our plate. This was the moment we would find out what our theme for the next day would be. With three options […]
    The post Lange 1 20th anniversary pre-celebration in Dresden appeared first on Fratello Watches.

NT931 likes this.
  2. NT931 Aug 24, 2014

Loved the article. And the detail on the moonphase disc at the end was exquisite!

MikiJ likes this.
  3. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 24, 2014

IMHO Lange has replaced AP as a member of the old school "Big 3". Now maybe Patek, Vacheron and Lange.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 24, 2014

Big call, but I think you could be right there, recent ROO's have been a unbecoming, and while the 15202 is still definitely a special watch, a piggyback chronograph powered giant I don't think quite qualifies.

NT931 and MikiJ like this.
  5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 24, 2014

Absolutely agree with a 15202 being a "special watch". So much so, that if I ever own another AP, that would be it ;-)

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 24, 2014

Yes nice watch. Only one thing I can say about that:

ge.jpg alang_image.2098548.jpg

NT931 likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2014

I used to be quite attracted to the Lange 1, but when I first saw one in the metal, I was underwhelmed with the overall package. Yes the movement was lovely, the case work very nice, but I really have some problems with the execution of the big date. Having the date wheels on 2 levels, having the bar in the window that tries to hide that (not very well), and having a blank in the first window when the date is 1 to 9 (looks very unbalanced IMO), are really big turn offs for me.

Not to mention I am really not a gold sort of guy (with very few exceptions), so white gold or platinum would be my choices, and the premium for the precious metal case is a bit much.

Certainly a watch that deserves a lot of praise, but just not for me.

Cheers, Al

8. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 24, 2014

We agree that I was never a fan of the Lange 1. However I must admit that the original Up & Down was one of my favorites ;-)
    Bank and cuff links.JPG
    Bank & watch back.jpg