Forums Latest Members
  1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 20, 2012

Holy Connie-stellation, Batman! Someone really wanted it.

Didn't think they fetched that much in the real world. I've seen many really nice ones languish on eBay at that level.

I was thinking more like around $2K in value for these.

Nice job!
    gatorcpa

2. ulackfocus Jun 20, 2012

It wasn't me who set the price. I asked Hoi what the going market price was for one like mine, and guessed it was about $2500. He agreed that was fair for both parties.

ps - it had the faceted 14ct non-logo Omega buckle and a period correct single keeper strap.

3. pmontoyap Jun 20, 2012

Now I feel bad for letting this one go at this price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110886743018Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

At first it was OK but come on, mine is worth more than the 14k..:mad: now I feel I have less money in my bank.

One of the issues is I used a very cheap camera from Walmart, and also the $1NR can really get people worked up into a bid war mode.

4. ulackfocus Jun 20, 2012

I think you did okay. Your former watch had a minor case of measels on the dial so $2600 seems like a decent price compared to the one that just sold in mint+ for $3100.

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

I think the price was decent considering both dial and case condition. The fact it was rose gold kept it from being a bit lower. The watch I linked to from the seller based in Mexico was 14k but otherwise near mint (one of those rare situations where if anything the seller underdeclared the watch's merits) and the condition carried the day - as I said if anything the price may have been a bit on the low side.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

Hey , who won the contest??

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

I'm slightly too drunk to do math right now, but the formula will be (how far off 1+2+3) and lowest total wins

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

Wow, deja vu: All three of the latest de Luxe, Night of the Connies, sale went to the same buy in the UK,

Member id: mrcp(uk) ( 397 )

I suppose these maybe considered a bargain compared to some local London prices, i.e., Bond/New Bond streets. Wonder if the buyer knows of the problems with this batch.

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

Hmmm...all three went to the same buyer? IIRC, the last batch were all highly bid on by one buyer as well. ::confused2::

Something is not passing the smell test here.

Might we be seeing these again real soon? ::shy::
    gatorcpa

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

Perhaps, but I have a feeling that these last 3 are going to end up in a shop in Burlington Arcade or somewhere similar for twice the sale price.:cautious:

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

I wonder if we're going to see batch 3 before long, will have to keep an eye out

12. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

I think this seller is an ok guy. I believe these are likely legit sales probably to a UK dealer. No way a serious omega collector bids up that last batch to those prices.

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

Found: I located one of the watches sold in the first batch ; the RG one.

Oddly enough I found it in my own backyard, who would have thought :rolleyes:

10422.jpg 10416.jpg

The greenhouse seems to be doing wonders for it , so far it has sprouted a new band and a new period crown.:eek:

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

Oh, your photography skills are not bad at all sir

It does however deserve its own thread, and considerably more photos :p

rbird7282 likes this.
  15. Steve Jun 21, 2012

This guy has spent a small fortune lately, not only on watches but also high end pens. He's one serious collector.

16. ulackfocus Jun 21, 2012

He's even better with living things. Great wildlife shots. :thumbsup:

17. pmontoyap Jun 21, 2012

Thanks for your input, I still think the pictures didnt do justice, they were taken in a hotel @ 2AM with table lamp lightning with a cheap camera, you can imagine. The pics also made the spots on the dial look worst than they actually were, casewise this watch was very lightly used just like the one in mexico, 100% original and unpolished, a light buff and pro pictures would have made wonders.

Sorry to go off topic here but I have to confess I´m a newbie when it comes to Omega from 1943 to 1962. Still learning every day. What´s your thought on this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110882475887Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I now think this might be a badly redialled Centenary Chronometre? Like I said not an expert. I have been collecting Divers, I´ve been getting into pre-moon speedies recently. And just starting to appreciate this old chronometres. There is a whole world to know about vintage Omegas and I see you guys tackle the references and calibers like you were talking about ABC´s. That´s a compliment that goes to everybody on this forum.

18. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 21, 2012

That watch is an early bumper omega and not a centenary - the case style is wrong for a centenary as are the hands and the movement (does not have some of the premium parts the centenary movement has).
    Regarding the watch you sold - the case is ok but not great (the caseback shows a significant amount of wear that is evident in the pictures you took - in fact higher quality pictures of your watch may actually even hurt it a bit). If that 14k connie was in the same condition as the watch you sold, it would be worth half of the price it went for - when it comes to vintage (watches and others) the difference in price between a good to very good example and a near mint to mint example can be exponential rather than additive - the comic book market is the best example - the difference there between a comic book graded as fine vs. one graded as NM may be 5 to 10 fold (sometimes even more if it is a valuable comic book to begin with).

19. pmontoyap Jun 21, 2012

20. ulackfocus Jun 21, 2012