Forums Latest Members

JLC RDM (37mm) from Chronopark GmBH

1. NT931 Dec 13, 2013

Hi folks,

I've been thinking about getting a JLC RDM, specifically the older 37mm version as the current 39mm version is a tad too large for my scrawny 6.3" wrist.

There's one on sale on Chrono24, and it says it's unworn and comes with B&P. The nice thing is that although its the older model, it comes with the double-fold deployant though sadly no display back.

My uncertainties arise from these questions:
    1. Has anyone dealt with this company Chronopark? I tried googling them with little success. Any German forumers with experience dealing with them?
    2. The watch looks legit to me, but is there anything I've missed or should take note of?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ps. And this is what they say about the watch on Chrono24 (using Google translate)

Our shop is located about 6 km from Hamburg Airport. Here you advise a professionally competent team with over 30 years experience in the luxury watch market. Everything under one roof : From your own master watchmakers to own goldsmiths................................................... ..................................Unworn Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Power Reserve with box & papers
    Clock and dial are in mint condition with no signs of wear. The folding clasp is still glued original . The original bracelet is also unworn .
    CONDITION / CONDITION98 % housing top / front case98 % housing bottom / caseback98 % li . Housing flank / left side of case98 % re . Housing edge / right side of case98 % Watch bottom / back98 % dial / dial (original)98 % crown / crown98 % Pointer / hands98 % watch glass (glass)98% of bracelet / strap (original, unworn)98 % Complete (original, unworn)
    Movement / movement: Automatic movement
    Length: 21 cm , Weight: 62.65 g, Band width 19 mm
    Box / Papers: YesThe offer includes the photographed object.Instructions , guarantee card, book excerpts , etc. are only present when they were photographed or mentioned in the description text .

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2013

Hi NT

Do you know roughly which year this one is from? I'll dig out my catalogues to check it out ;)

3. NT931 Dec 14, 2013

Hi Spiki, I'm guesstimating it's from around 2005/2006. They transitioned from single- to double-fold deployants around 2005/2006, and they switched to a display back around 2006/2007, based on other similar models found on the web. So based on the solid back of this one, I'm guessing 2005 or more likely 2006.

One slightly odd thing I just noticed - the dial says 'T Swiss Made T' while the current 37mm model and other 37mm RDMs on sale all say 'Swiss Made'. And there's no tritium on the dial or hands. Erm, are there redials of newer JLCs??

Thanks for your help!

4. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 14, 2013

Nigel, I think the watch that you are looking at is from the late 1990s. I believe the watch is correct. Here is a similar watch from eBay for sale.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaeger-Le...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item2c78a933ddPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Also, there is a writeup on the same watch on Timezone. Although there are no pictures, it is the same watch that you have posted from Chronopark. The OP also mentioned on the double T's.
    http://people.timezone.com/library/archives/archives0025

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 14, 2013

Looking at my 2004 JLC catalogue, the RDM section says it would have had a display back then...so they transitioned to them before 2006/2007 for sure.

The watch would have lume in the hands and at each 5 minute mark, and if it is tritium then it is older than you are thinking. Most companies stopped using it in the late 90's.

They did switch to the double fold later - my Master Moon came with the uncomfortable single fold - but straps and buckles get swapped all the time at AD's, so I would not consider that a reliable indicator of age.

Please note that the watch will likely need to be serviced before being used, even if it is only from 2005/2006, but my feeling is it's older than that...

Cheers, Al

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2013

It's probably from 1995-98 & it looks correct, as Gavin said.

The 98/99 catalogue shows it without T marks & the model isn't in the 93/94 catalogue. I don't have the ones in between. Judging by the one Gavin found on chrono24 it's seems safe to say its approx 97/98. The folding clasp is correct for that period.

7. NT931 Dec 14, 2013

Man, you guys are awesome!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for helping me date the watch. Looks like it is from the late 90's (1997/8), and I'll factor that into my decision, along with Al's mention of a need for a service.

8. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2013

Two single post new members who joined to endorse a dealer…… that's not suspicious at all! :cautious:

9. NT931 Dec 24, 2013

And each of those 2 posts occurred 24-48 hours after I emailed the dealer. What an amazing coincidence! :whistling:

Having said that though, the dealer's been quite professional in their communications with me. If they are trying to use this forum to talk themselves up, well, it's unnecessary, it's not going to work and may even backfire.

10. Trev The Architect Staff Member Dec 27, 2013

They've responded to the [email protected] address (in German).

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 27, 2013

Any updates here NT?

12. NT931 Dec 27, 2013

Hey Steve/Trev, not much happening, still in discussions with the dealer (who has been quite civil in his emails, not coming across pushy at all).

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 27, 2013

Yes in their defense, in most forums if they post and properly introduce themselves they get promptly tossed off. So, though the stealth attempt was clumsy, it is understood.