Forums Latest Members

issue with chronograph function with Speedy Racing

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 8, 2014

You sure that last one's leather? That means the strap for the 45th anniversary Speedy still isn't listed there

2. hkrauss Jul 8, 2014

2014-07-08 at 15-46-08.jpg 2014-07-08 at 15-45-45.jpg 2014-07-08 at 15-43-40.jpg 2014-07-08 at 15-44-55.jpg

Al,
    I fully agree.
    I wonder which of the OEM NATOs to come have a black inner coating like the one that came with my Speedmaster LE.
    Omega added this for "increased wearing comfort", but due to the multiple layers it is very stiff. If a NATO is too long for me, I fold it around as shown on the blue strap. But this can't be done with the OEM.
    Besides, the layers are only glued together, so they will come apart sooner or later. I would never go swimming with the OEM strap. No problem with my cheap NATO ...

Harald

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 8, 2014

Yes, the literature describes it as "Barenia leather"

4. GrouchoM Sep 23, 2014

I just found this thread. I thought I was alone!
    About a year ago, I had the stoppage issue occurring in a Seamaster Chrono (3330). Not only did service fail to fix it the first time, but after I brought it back to the boutique in the stopped position (rotor freely spinning but the hands frozen), it was sent back to NJ. This time, according to my boutique, one of Omega's top watchmakers in NJ claimed my movement was perfect. However, it had a stoppage within 24 hours of its return. Luckily, I was able to return it to the AD.

Last month, I bought a NOS 1164 Seamaster and it, too, suffered sporadic stoppages on the start of timings. I returned that watch, too. I always thought of 7750s as bombproof ... my 20 year old Zodiac's 7750 movement never behaved anything less than flawlessly.

5. Erland Dec 30, 2016

Hey guys.
    Wrote myself up to the forums just to follow this thread and share my experiences with a similar problem.

I've got a Breitling Navitimer with a 23 movement which is based on the 7753. I've had it for six years or so. Some years ago it was serviced by my AD's local watchmaker and has had this problem ever since. I brought it back and had it fixed, I thought, but the stops began again after a couple of years. Recently I had two occur not far apart so I went to the AD to have it sent to an importer's service center for an overhaul, you know, to get the warranty, because this seemed to be a tricky issue. An issue I absolutely need sorted in my line of work.

I got the watch back yesterday and it's shiny and keeps amazing time, but sure enough, starting the chrono stops the watch once in a while still.
    It's going back under warranty but I can't help worrying.

6. VCT May 25, 2017

I have the exact same issue with my own Mark II re-issue. The whole movement stops sometimes when engaging the chronograph function, especially on stop-go-stop-go action (with no reset in-between). Exactly as you've described! I have a few months warranty left, and I think I'm going to hand it in for a check-up, (even though they probably can't fix the issue) just to make sure there's nothing else wrong with it. It kinda sucks that a watch at this price point should behave like this. Makes me regret not geting the original Speedmaster Professional with that fantastic manual wind movement. Not a fan of the plastic crystal, but I'd rather live with the plastic than a subpar chronograph movement.

7. zodiac1886 Jun 7, 2019

Hi Archer,
    I have same issue with my hesalite Speedy Cal.1861, the watch suddenly stopped when engaging chronograph after press stop and start button about 20-30 times, it happens quite frequently. By this frequency, do you think that would be the alignment issue as you said? or another issue that I should care about? is there anything broken or damaged?

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 7, 2019

How old is it? When was it last serviced?

9. zodiac1886 Jun 7, 2019

Hi, thanks for your quick reply!
    It since about 2000s, the series number is 77xxxxx. I got it used one, so I'm not sure when was the last serviced.

Updated: I have tested and I think it happens more when lower power. When it is fully wound, I almost not seen the stops anymore.
    I think that needs more test. Do you think that is a normal power reserved issue?

Edited Jun 7, 2019
  10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 7, 2019

I think it needs a service. Oils dry out you get wear... every 5-8 years or so.

Archer and zodiac1886 like this.
  11. zodiac1886 Jun 8, 2019

I will do soon. anyways, I've been testing since it was full power reserved, no issue occurred, it seems good so far. honestly, I was upset about this.