Forums Latest Members

Is this Planet Ocean 8500 too big for me??

1. tndunganh Sep 29, 2014

Hi guys, I really need your opinion here :)

I was looking at the Seamaster Diver 300m Chrono for the last month but when I went to an AD yesterday, I have a change of heart. I'm actually very sure that I will purchase a PO 8500 this week. It just looks so good and I don't mind the weight at all. I'm a young guy and I like to have a big watch so I tried on the 46mm. I have quite a small wrist but the watch didn't look that big on my wrist on I tried it on. Do you guys think that it's too big for my wrist? Please see the photos below! :)

http://tinypic.com/r/2lmkw1e/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/29zx5r8/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/21omv6s/8

Thank you so much!!!!

2. Buck2466 Sep 29, 2014

It always looks bigger in close up shots. The best way is to take a picture is standing in front of a mirror from a distance and then judge. In the end, size should only matter to the one wearing the watch unless you have a wife;)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2014

Looks fine to me mate

4. epl108 Sep 29, 2014

Looks good to me - it's a diver, not a dress watch so I don't mind a little extra heft.

5. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Sep 29, 2014

The 42 mm probably would fit you better... my two cents..

Alex_TA likes this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2014

Have to agree

7. Dogmann Sep 29, 2014

Hi tundunganh,

It's really not that easy to judge from the pictures and really all that matters is how you feel about it so really on you can know and make the right decision, maybe try the 42mm version on as well and see which you feel more comfortable with. The PO really is a great watch in either size or any of the colour combo's and if I didn't already have a big divers watch it would be on my want list. Best of luck with what ever you decide.

Marc

8. kraftwerck Sep 30, 2014

Yes. Too big.

9. chickenman26 Sep 30, 2014

If all you're going to do while wearing it is stand in front of a mirror, then the size might not matter. But if you actually intend to wear that watch during daily activities, I think you'll find it gets in the way of life...sloshing around on your wrist and getting banged into things, unless you pay constant attention to it. BTDT, and it gets old quickly. Because you're asking the question, I suspect you know the answer. That's a watch for someone with a much larger wrist.

10. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Sep 30, 2014

Yes it's too big, it looks like a condom on a two year old.
    Seriously though if your unsure go into your AD and look at the smaller version for comparison. Then you can decide for yourself. Only you know if you can pull the bigger size off.

chickenman26 likes this.
  11. ulackfocus Sep 30, 2014

Macros have a fish eye effect that make it hard to tell if the size works or not. Here's a good example of why you need to shoot a mirror shot:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-aqua-terra-x-x-l.8623/page-2#post-101708

See how that watch looks to be pushing the limits of size for my wrist in the wristshot, but looks perfectly suited to me in the mirror shot?

Still, if you're asking the question of if it's too big you probably already subconsciously know it is so go with the smaller size as suggested above.

12. watchfever Oct 1, 2014

Yes, too big. I recently sold mine because of the same problem.

13. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 1, 2014

Not at all. Own it!

only caveat is that I would make certain to have the strap / bracelet fitted perfectly so the watch doesn't fly around like a tennis bracelet.

EOT