Forums Latest Members

Is this Longines Lindbergh real?

1. swong46 Apr 10, 2014

Hi, can you guys help identify if this Longines Lindbergh 628.5240 is authentic or not? Dial looks off and band certainly does not look original but I am new to the watch game. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. woodwkr2 Apr 10, 2014

There are two legitimate versions of the Longines Lindberg: a vintage/original one, and a modern re-issue one.

This looks like the modern re-issue. If you're still interested, keep doing your homework, because I don't know much about the moderns ones re: the authenticity of the piece.

3. ulackfocus Apr 10, 2014

So you were the one who snagged it, eh? Nice of the seller to list only that one picture you show first - got you what appears to be great deal. He turned a $900-ish watch into a $500 sale doing that. I was thinking about sniping it but didn't get his additional pictures via eBay private message until too late.

I'd need to see bigger & better pics to give an opinion on authenticity.

4. swong46 Apr 12, 2014

Hah, tis was. However I am trying to identify its authenticity. The above dial photo is clearly fake after more research. But that wasn't the real one to begin with. Here is the actual dial photo I just got. I am less skeptical now but still under 90% sure.

[​IMG]