Forums Latest Members
  1. arr0gance Apr 12, 2014

Hello to all Omega fans,
    Recently I made a buy through ebay, I liked the watch so I bid on it and won it. I am scared that might be fake because a number above the caliber is missing,and couldn't find enough information to decide by myself if it's real or fake,so I need your expert help :)
    I have the watch for 1 week now, I don't want to open it ,mainly because I don't want to scratch it and I don't feel confident enough. There is a bad photo which I will attach for you to tell me as much as possible from the back and some from the face and sides.
    About the watch don't know which year is it,came without documents and box,and with changed buckle and leash.
    $_57.JPG DSCF3516.JPG DSCF3523.JPG DSCF3532.JPG DSCF3528.JPG About that photo, there is some kind of scratches on the silver face,can they be polished and is there a way to remove them. DSCF3536.JPG DSCF3593.JPG DSCF3600.JPG DSCF3568.JPG
    Hopefully it's enough to tell me something good , I hope for the watch, and give me some advices and general comments.
    I also hope that I am keeping all forum rules.
    Regards

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 13, 2014

arr0gance likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 13, 2014

Please tell me where I can find a fake movement like yours ;)

Do you mean the serial number of the movement is missing?

It would be something like 3449XXXXX

arr0gance likes this.
  4. arr0gance Apr 14, 2014

Haha,
    Yes the serial I did not see,but if it's not a big deal that's good.
    Thank you for the Info Canberra!
    Made my day,what is the watch worth in that condition,just want to know if I gave too much.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 14, 2014

You tell us how much you paid, we will tell you if it was too much.

That saves us from trawling eBay completed listings ;)

It really doesn't matter, if you like the watch, and it's genuine, just enjoy it.

arr0gance likes this.
  6. arr0gance Apr 14, 2014

I payed 500 pounds.
    I will, it's like you gave me green light for upgrading the buckle ,leash and so on :D
    I am really happy from the watch, don't get me wrong.
    By the way it's a cool forum,and glad that I found it, you guys gave so much info, and helping newbies like me every day, Thank you!

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 14, 2014

You're on a slippery slope to dining on dog food and sleeping under bridges if you continue with this hobby young newbie.

But what the heck, you will have WATCHES!

;)

8. tamura Apr 14, 2014

Hmm, that "A" in automatic and "swiss made", tells me it is a redial.:confused:

9. arr0gance Apr 14, 2014

JimInOz is that too much, because didn't understand .
    Tamura, my day started with goon info, what do you mean by redial.
    Before buy I red things about the "Swiss Made" with " T " and without one, this one isn't with luminous hands ,and by my judgment it should say only "swiss made" ?

10. fjf Apr 14, 2014

Those dial fonts are wrong. They should be serif, more like this:

Sin título.png
  11. omegastar Apr 14, 2014

It is definitely a repainted dial.
    In "SWISS MADE" at six the A should have it's point cut like in the in the word automatic in the photo below.
    The A of SWISS MADE can help you avoid 98 % of repainted dials.
    Sorry for you.

12. Skv Apr 14, 2014

do you mean the lack of a gap in the triangle in the A? If you look closely in the pictures in the opening post you will find that there is a gap, however it is (too) small.

Just checked my own Omegas and there is indeed some white in the top of the A.

13. Skv Apr 14, 2014

The font of the M in this watch differs from mine btw.

14. arr0gance Apr 14, 2014

rall I did undrrstand that the face is repainted at some point and everything else is as should be.what exactly would the watch worth with the"fake" face.And can I find a dile ad a spare part from omega ;)

15. Skv Apr 14, 2014

Apart from the possible repainted dial the watch seems to be good, engraved crystal and all. I do not think that it has a great reselling value, just keep it and wear it!

16. arr0gance Apr 18, 2014

Some ideas from where can I order original Dial,I am looking for one online but no luck for now. Even checked ebay there are some but not the right ones. Help , please :D

17. arr0gance May 31, 2014

I think JimInOz was right that my new hobby is going to be dangerous,and soon after, I bought my second omega.
    I simply am starting to love more and more the old school watches.Originally I was looking for "pie pan" one but,accidents happen,time is on my side.
    Can someone give me some extra info , when I write down the serial on the back, it shows stainless steel,and that one is 18k filled ,at least seems and it was sold for one.Have plans to restore the gold filling.In general I cannot find a filled 18k gold one, or maybe that one was worn every day non stop from the day it was made.
    Has a stamp " 20 and Omega letter in a triangle" above the leash,which I cannot understand. If someone has the same , I wouldn't say no to some extra info.
    Hope you guys appreciate and like it.
    Regards M.P.

DSCF4034.JPG DSCF4035.JPG DSCF4037.JPG
  18. arr0gance May 31, 2014

one more ++

DSCF4038.JPG