Forums Latest Members

International Warranty Card

1. Chigs Jan 18, 2015

I am looking to buy a 2011 Seamaster Planet Ocean 42mm Co-Axial Chronometer 2201.50.00
    I know its owner and when he bought it. However he has lost the international warranty cards and certificates.
    Should I still buy it?
    Will this pose a problem when I come to see?
    Can I order duplicates?
    Any help please

2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jan 19, 2015

How long is the warranty? Would a 2011 watch still be under warranty? Genuine question, I don't know as I've never bought a brand new one before. I think a lot of collectors like them for completeness though, just like all the tags and related paraphernalia.

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 19, 2015

Normal warranty was 3 years I believe. 4 for newer models. So at this point it would not be valid.

4. Shem Jan 19, 2015

I don't think you'd be able to order duplicates, though it doesn't matter because the warranty is expired if he bought it in 2011 (it is 3 years on the cal. 2500). Box and papers do make some difference to the price you should pay, though, as people buying watches on the forums tend to prefer, and pay slightly more for, watches with box and papers. That said, there's nothing wrong with buying the watch alone as you've stated you're sure of its origin. You won't have any problem getting it serviced down the line as long as the serial number is intact.

TheCaptainOfTech likes this.
  5. Chigs Jan 19, 2015

thanks