Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Apr 9, 2014

Just in from Istanbul when I arrived home from work :) I will post some more pictures once it's had some work on the crystal and I might find a daily strap (any advice welcome..) to wear and preserve the 1170 bracelet with correct end-links.

Love this racing dial, and raised markers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Movement is a Cal 564 shock-proofed and lovely shape, and I think better preserved because of the copper dust cover. And original gasket which will need to be cleaned out during service..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Case wears really well, and it's still nice and sharp with original brushing and a nice sharply cut bezel. Not perfect, which is why I will wear it and also give it a service.

I would love to see more of these and wonder if they came with any other particular dial variations?

2. Hijak Apr 11, 2014

That bezel looks like it would slice paper, very unique!:thumbsup: You are really diversifying your portfolio Alex.::psy::

watchyouwant and Dablitzer like this.
  3. ulackfocus Apr 11, 2014

Check that out! Never seen a dial like that on a Seamaster chronometer.

Dablitzer likes this.
  4. cristos71 Apr 11, 2014

Nice pick up, I love the contrasting sharks teeth indexes :)

5. msp1518 Apr 11, 2014

That's a rather cool looking piece and the movement is pristine. Very nice. What did that run you, if I may ask?

Dablitzer likes this.
  6. Jacquot Apr 11, 2014

Nice finish on that case, too. Sweet watch.

7. speedbird Apr 11, 2014

Nice watch!!

if you decide to get rid of that 1171 let
    me know!

Dablitzer likes this.
  8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 11, 2014

That's a hot /Paris Hilton/ watch.

Love the integrated bracelet. JMHO opinion but I'd only wear that watch the way it was born :)

Dablitzer and Jacquot like this.
  9. Buck2466 Apr 11, 2014

:thumbsup: Great find!

Dablitzer likes this.
  10. Dablitzer Apr 12, 2014

It was slightly more than what you would expect to pay for it, but the condition was really the key to me buying, and I'm glad I made the decision! I've seen a few of these but not in this condition. :thumbsup: ps. I did'nt expect the movement to turn out like this...Really impressed.

11. Dablitzer Apr 12, 2014

Me too!! They really add an extra detail to an otherwise cool dial, bit that is the icing on the....IMO. I blame you slightly for making me fall for these sportier Omegas!... :whistling: :thumbsup:

12. Dablitzer Apr 12, 2014

Me neither...until I did some rummaging....I'm pretty sure it's kosher! :cautious:

13. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 12, 2014

Damn you, Dablitzer! (((shakes fist, yells @ cloud)))

giving hope to us unlucky types.

See you in Hell!!!!! Hahaha

Dablitzer likes this.
  14. Dablitzer Apr 12, 2014

Thanks Ed, until I got my first Seamaster Chronometer, way back when I knew nothing..I bought because of some allure, but it's only once you own one, and have on your wrist you can truly feel the coolness and retro-ness of these case designs! To top it off being a caliber 564 makes this even more desirable, to me. They definitely grow on you..I wouldn't mind a SM sparkler dial next...:whistling:

Hijak likes this.
  15. Dablitzer Apr 12, 2014

Should I take that as a positive!? ;)

Trust me, when I first laid eyes on one of these it has been my object of desire (that and about 20 others..:taunt:)

Does it give some consolation that I am actually scared to wear it because of it's crispy edges??

.......I thought not! :p ........::facepalm2::

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2014

Is this similar to those Italian market Chronostops? Has the same sort of feel and vibe

17. Dablitzer Apr 12, 2014

Hi ash,

Yup, it does have very similar features :)

Sorry about the crap pic, nearest I could find:

[​IMG]

citizenrich likes this.
  18. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 12, 2014

Alex. As your tastes have taken a turn to the more eclectic, we will soon be tempting you over to the dark side - the big Z

Ah young master. 1970s Zeniths must you seek.

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 12, 2014

Alex, you score nice...........again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Turkey is a grey area for vintage watch hunting. Jut last week my local friend just got a watch with one lug welded from there (buying via eBay).

Dablitzer likes this.
  20. Dablitzer Apr 12, 2014

Turkey isn't that bad I agree! I think you have to know what you're buying..So far I have survived relatively unscathed... There's always a chance with getting a bad egg though! I was worried about the seller ar first, but he turned out to be really good.

I wouldn't mind a holiday and watch hunt rolled into one... Let me know when you're free! :p