Forums Latest Members

I really shouldn't buy anything without consulting the forum...

1. ConElPueblo Dec 18, 2014

But - I still did.

Now it's my time to ask the classic "How did I do" ::facepalm2::

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The case and dial looks very nice, IMO, and there is even an rotten old Omega strap thrown in for good measure:

[​IMG]

The movement looks a bit worse for wear, I'm sorry to report :oops:

[​IMG]

Price? EUR 500...

I COULDN'T RESIST THE CROSS HAIRS, ALRIGHT?!?!

2. peatnick Dec 18, 2014

there's no sport in betting with the house every time, a man's got to fork out on his own occasionally

case's sharp, crown look original, probably due a service but you knew that going in

dial is handsome, arrow markers with (radium ?) dots, proper alpha hands

price seems a tad on the high side but maybe i'm spoiled by the usa market

enjoy, and please share some more pics after service, including serial number !

3. alam Dec 18, 2014

Uff the dreaded Euro currency on a price tag! Now, I'd like to find decent watches with a Ruble price tag! :D

Edited Dec 18, 2014
    watchme and ConElPueblo like this.
  4. Sherbie Dec 18, 2014

I,d be worried about the movement - the rotor is a completely different colour, and there is no cal number under the Omega symbol

Does it have a cal number on it and a serial number?

Skv likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo Dec 19, 2014

The movement is somewhat of a concern...

This shows the cal, but there isn't one of the serialnumber other than one that begins with "165"

[​IMG]

Back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hijak Dec 19, 2014

I'd get this serviced before use and I think the movement might clean up nice. It could be just some oil or chemical stain on main part of movement. The case looks great! Unpolished, big logo on back and all with a pretty nice dial. If the movement cleans up well I think you have a very nice pick-up here!:thumbsup:

7. mac_omega Dec 20, 2014

This is a nice watch - everything looks all right to me (except one tiny screw missing at the swan neck).

It is quite common on movements of this era that there is some oxidation/change of color on the plates - oscillating weighs age differently... It would not bother me at all...

8. Skv Dec 20, 2014

My first thoughts exactly.

9. TNTwatch Dec 21, 2014

165 should be the beginning of the serial numbef with 5 more digit following. The case back is nice. I have not seen that big and nice medallion on a 2849 casebak before.

10. ConElPueblo Dec 21, 2014

I haven't received the Seamaster yet, but when it arrives, it'll be scrutinized thoroughly! :D

11. Hijak Dec 21, 2014

I personally think you did quite well here!:thumbsup:

12. ConElPueblo Dec 22, 2014

Thank you - I have the same gut feeling :thumbsup:

I have just received a notification stating the the watch has been shipped. It'll be a long lonesome trip up through Europe; leaving the warmer climates of the Mediterranean for the barren and joyless North...