Forums Latest Members

How Big Do The Classic Divers Wear?

1. skippy1416 Feb 20, 2014

Hello everyone,

My first post on this forum. I have owned a Zenith El Primero HW for a couple of years that I bought NOS. I recently started looking for a diving watch and love the look of the classic Zeniths from the A363* series. I am really drawn to the 1000 M A3637 in one of the exotic colors but I am concerned that it may be too big for me. At 40mm my El Primero is the largest watch in my collection and I usually wear vintage watches of around 35mm. My wrist is 6.5". I do like NATO straps so that may help. Can owners share their impressions on how big these watches wear?

Thanks.

Here is a picture of my El Primero to show size. IMG_20140220_193006.jpg

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 21, 2014

I can't speak to these specific watches. That being said I also have a small wrist at 16cm (6.2 inches). I started off mainly wearing 33-35mm and absolutely avoiding the larger watches. Ive now found that even 41cm speedy or Aqua Terras are Ok. However the thickness plays a big part. So planet oceans are out.

skippy1416 likes this.
  3. Veritas99 Feb 21, 2014

Not going to lie...they wear kinda big. In addition to being 44mm, they sit fairly high on the wrist because of the case back. Here's an AH3639 on my wrist, which is 8.25 inches:

[​IMG]

skippy1416 likes this.
  4. skippy1416 Feb 21, 2014

That is exactly what I was afraid I was going to hear. I guess the Barracuda case is out. Too bad because that is a very cool watch.

My Rossler book is on order (we will see if Amazon can find it) so I don't have all the model numbers. I will look at other options. If anyone wants to use this thread to post some ideas and pictures that would be great.

5. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 21, 2014

Yeah, those deep divers wear big.

[​IMG]

Here are a few sub-40mm Zenith diver ideas, all on a 7.5" wrist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are 40mm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Interstatetime Feb 21, 2014

MMMD,

Posting all of those beautiful photos was not a nice thing to do to the rest of us.....Thanks

JohnCote

Hijak and MMMD like this.
  7. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 21, 2014

Sorry John... forgot one.

[​IMG]

CdnWatchDoc likes this.
  8. skippy1416 Feb 21, 2014

That is a beautiful collection of watches. Thanks for posting. Are those offset crowns on the Defy models or helium valves? Does the Defy with the diving bezel have a different model number?

9. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 21, 2014

Those are screw-down winding crowns at 4:00... like the date window, a distinctly Zenith-y feature. I don't know the model number of the orange defy... or the white deep diver... or the gold-dialed one... or the two chronos. Model numbers are sometimes hard to come by for the rarer ones.