Forums Latest Members
  1. Arjunkvisakh Aug 29, 2014

so a friend of mine just came back from his trip to India and got me this watch. I paid $18 for this watch. So for those of you who are new to HMT , it's an indian watch company that makes in house movements and watches since the 60's. This particular watch is an mechanical winding one. This is the cheapest watch I have ever owned and I wanted to share this picture with you all.

image.jpg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 29, 2014

Bargain

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 30, 2014

I thought they were running out of movements? I was under the impression that they are not still making movements, but using up stock that they had from years ago. Just something I read on a forum, so no idea if it's true or not.

Cheers, Al

4. Arjunkvisakh Sep 5, 2014

Interesting. I didnt know about that. I remember how these watches were around when I was a kid ( growing up in pre globalized india). Once the big brand quartz watches hit the market in the 80's and 90's , these guys almost went out of the watch business. I will be traveling to India this December, I am planning to visit one of the retailers and pick up a few watches. What is interesting is that, It's keeping excellent time at par with Rolex's and Omega's :)