Forums Latest Members

Helped a Friend... got this as a thank you....

1. repoman Jul 16, 2014

So a good friend asks if I'd be willing to help him perform major surgery on his Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4... pull the transmission, fix a frozen clutch, replace flywheel etc. We're both very mechanically inclined, I've rebuilt a motor before, do most of my own work (although not so much anymore, I'm lazy now and prefer to pay people), but I said sure, as long as the total time involved was hours, and not days.

Well, it ended up taking about 15 hours total, but he was happy, saved a bunch of money and the job was done right. As a thank you, he gifted me this:
    IMG_20140716_242209_007.jpg

I was very thankful, and accepted. It had no power supply, but that's easy to replace. Upon inspection, I found the most corroded battery pack I've ever seen inside the winder... so bad, I'm going to send it in for service. still, pretty cool thank you.

tpatta and citizenrich like this.
  2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jul 16, 2014

As I scrolled down I thought he had given you the watch. Now THAT would have been a good friend. Congrats on the winder.

3. amblin Jul 16, 2014

The speedy pro with meteorite dial? VERY good friend indeed. XD

tpatta likes this.
  4. repoman Jul 16, 2014

Well, the Speediorite is my holy grail watch, so that would be one helluva good friend :D The photo is hard to see, but the image of the Speediorite is my background on my desktop monitor. The winder got sent off today for repair, depending on repair cost, this could turn into a white elephant gift.