Forums Latest Members
  1. initialjh Aug 15, 2014

Hi all,

would love some help with this UG Unicompax that I've posted on sale. I bought this watch many years ago, not having the luxury of forum like this.

Anyway, I know the dial is a re-dial. I was told that the hands may not be original to the watch?

Anyway, here are the photos. Would love your input. thanks again..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. woodwkr2 Aug 15, 2014

The serial number dates to 1941-1942.

The caseback and case are correct for that reference number:

[​IMG]

3. woodwkr2 Aug 15, 2014

Do note that the original dial and handset may have been different than what is pictured above as the reference number corresponds to the case style.

That said, as mentioned previously, the entire handset appears to have been replaced with non-Universal parts.

On the plus side, for someone not bothered by the lack of originality, the movement looks like it's in great condition and its calibre corresponds with the larger diameter watches that Universal made.

initialjh likes this.
  4. initialjh Aug 15, 2014

thanks for your help. I'll add an addendum to my post.

5. woodwkr2 Aug 15, 2014

No one's trying to wreck your sales prospects around here--me especially--but when there are problems with a watch in the forums, we try to help each other out. Makes buying from a forum member a little less hazardous and is educational for all involved.

Thanks for taking everything in the proper spirit!

persco and initialjh like this.
  6. initialjh Aug 15, 2014

i'm still learning so happy to take any comments. Up till today, I wouldn't have known better about this watch. Bought it many years ago, but apart from having it serviced, I haven't done anything else to learn about it. Great to learn from you and also, if it's up front about it then buyer can't come back to bite me! :) Any issues with the IWC i'm also selling?