Forums Latest Members
  1. BrisbaneTime Sep 15, 2014

Hi Guys,

I am only new to this forum and have an Omega Seamaster that was bought for me new in 1988. It needs a polish as it hasn't been cleaned since new but still holds time well.
    I was wondering if there is anyone here that can identify the model and what it is worth?
    I have a few old watches myself including an old Heuer professional that was handed down to me from my grandfather and love my watches.
    My son is graduating from University in a few months and i would like to give him a Seamaster for his graduation. He likes the older style with the round face and leather band so i will hunt around for one of those for him. It has to be all silver with no gold so they seem to be a little harder to find.
    I will attach a picture of My rectangle face Seamaster and also the round face one like what i would like to get him.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Stuart
    omegasm600.jpg
    2014-09-15 18.17.29.jpg

2. BrisbaneTime Sep 17, 2014

Hi again, is there something I have missed or not included in my post?
    I mainly want to know what model my watch is.
    It was bought for me new by an old girlfriend at the begining of 1988 and just needs a clean and polish.
    I gave it a light polish tonight but mainly would like to know a bit more about it as I wasn't really into my watches back then.
    If someone has any idea what it is worth too that would be great as till probably sell it to fund a watch I am buying for my son.
    Thanks in advance

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 17, 2014

Its not one I'm familiar with, does look 1980s for sure but does it still have a battery in it and does it still run?

4. BrisbaneTime Sep 17, 2014

Battery was taken out some years ago when I decided I wasn't going to wear it any more and it was working fine then and kept perfect time. Just not sure on how to get the back off to take some pics