Forums Latest Members

Help a total Omega newbie authenticate his first Omega watch?

1. lawkid2013 Apr 19, 2014

Hey there,

New to the forums. Thanks in advance for helping a newbie.

My Bulgari watch was recently stolen out of my locker at the gym. I was feeling devastated because I wanted to keep it forever, but such is life - and I managed to emotionally close the chapter when I received a check from my renter's. :) I was hunting for a silver watch, and really liked this one. After some serious negotiations, I bought this one. Can anybody weigh in as to it's authenticity?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261294558532?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Looking forward to becoming an Omega enthusiast with you all!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 19, 2014

Its a real watch, not the most sought after but definitely correct

3. lawkid2013 Apr 21, 2014

Thanks so much for your reply. I kinda keyed in to the fact it wasn't the most sought after since it had been listed for some time and I managed to haggle him down from $900 to $450. Nonetheless, I'd be curious to know why it's not the most sought after and (if you know) what the original retail price was and/or what year it's from. Mainly just to satisfy my curiosity. :)

Thanks again for your insight!

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 21, 2014

It's not the most sought after because it isn't powered by a mainspring - well that's the general theory, but if you like it then that's all that really matters.Enjoy it, it's a nice looking watch.

5. lawkid2013 Apr 21, 2014

I guess it doesn't matter then because I'm totally ignorant as to what that means. :)

6. lenny Apr 21, 2014

It is a quartz watch, which is almost always less desirable than the automatic/manual wind equivalent (from the perspective if a collector).

7. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 21, 2014

My stepfather has two of these, a white faced one that he battered and a dark faced one to replace it. A much nicer watch in the flesh and quite tough too.

8. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Apr 21, 2014

A great dress watch. I have the 18kt gold/SS version and have gotten a number of compliments if I wear it out to dinner. Also fits very well under french cuffs.