Forums Latest Members
  1. nico64 Apr 8, 2013

hi just bought a omega seamaster but has a speedmaster glass back.i cannot tell if its a fake .here some photos .any help thanks nico64

watch 001.JPG watch 007.JPG
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Pictures are very poor, but looks very fake from here.

3. NiklasARvid Apr 8, 2013

...yep, good money straight down the pockets of organized crime... you into underage trafficked girls and stolen cars as well...???

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Niklas, the OP may not understand your humor, he is a victim here as far as we know.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 8, 2013

Looks like a poor fake to me. The fake Omega logo and Geneva stripes appears to have come unglued from the oscillating weight....

I would suggest returning it if you can....

Cheers, Al

6. NiklasARvid Apr 8, 2013

...you could be right, in my experience, 99% of all "I am not sure what I bought"-posters either:

1. know its fake, but want to check if it can fool any of those in the know, or
    2. arent sure if its fake, but did assign a non negligible probability to the risk, when they took the "amazing deal"...
    ...I have little sympathy for either...

...but in the case the OP belongs to the remaining one percent I sincerely apologize and feel for him, its a shame to be cheated like that!!!

My post was not intended to be particularly humorous, overall I think it is important to change the image that many non-WIS have of fakes being fun and innocent... and I also hope that platforms like this one can paraphrase Woody Guthries guitar and claim:

"this forum kills fakes"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 8, 2013

+1
    Exactly my experience also.

8. nico64 Apr 8, 2013

i bought the watch online from a auction house in London and they sold it as a omega seamaster and when i asked for the omega ref no ,told they did not have the right tools to check inside. if it fake, they will have to refund the money or i name and shame them

9. NiklasARvid Apr 8, 2013

Ok, thats a shame, its 100% fake!

10. nico64 Apr 8, 2013

i must also say, that i bought it for my birthday and was looking for this watch.As many auction houses give an estimate on the watches that they have. some watches they leave no estimate on if they not sure of estimate. These normally go for high prices.There were many bidders on item and as it was flying ,i took that as a sign that this watch was okay.Now i think it was not the case. did buy it in good faith

11. nico64 Apr 8, 2013

by the way,NiklasArvid, we are not all omega gods like yourself and you where most probably born with the omega spoon in the mouth . You need to relax a bit but thanks for the info

kendrick likes this.
  12. ulackfocus Apr 8, 2013

A little inside info since this is obviously your first foray into watches and maybe even forums: some of us who've been on these sites helping newcomers for years have seen this situation anywhere from dozens to thousands of times. It's customary to do a little homework before you make a purchase you know nothing about. Consider Niklas' reply your charge for the assistance you've received. Also, I don't know of anyone here born with any spoon in their mouth, Omega, silver, or otherwise. I'm basically a friggin' mattress salesperson for cryin' out loud - any spoon I've been near is more likely to come from Ikea than have any precious metal content.

Now, let's end this thread by saying that it's certainly a fake watch and you should get your money back. You have to promise to ask about any potential purchase ahead of time and we'll promise to be less abrupt. Deal?

kendrick, Wheels and nico64 like this.
  13. Mothra Apr 8, 2013

Nico, can i ask which auction house?

14. NiklasARvid Apr 8, 2013

Yes, thanks for reminding me, btw couldn't you post a link to the online auction? its part of what we do here, share good and bad experiences, could be instructive for all, and part of your "shame em" described above?

NT931 likes this.
  15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Ideally if you could post a photo or scan of the invoice or receipt from the auction house that would cover both the naming and the shaming. How much did they charge you for this one mate?

16. Wheels Apr 8, 2013

What Dennis said^^^^^

17. MyVintageOmega Apr 8, 2013

Also .......what Mothra asked.^^^^

Wheels likes this.
  18. dkennyken Apr 8, 2013

What everybody else said^^^^
    Would save a few more peeps being conned!