Forums Latest Members

hard to choose which one to wear.

1. nima0071 Apr 17, 2014

Varasc likes this.
  2. Jimmy Jim Apr 17, 2014

I would alternate days if I had that pair at my disposal.

3. ulackfocus Apr 17, 2014

You have two wrists, right? Double barrel is the answer my man! Nick Hayek did it all the time, even going as far as 4 or 5 watches on each arm.

Nicolas_Hayek_2013-10-05_00-07.jpg

nima0071, watchme and Jimmy Jim like this.
  4. nima0071 Apr 17, 2014

Haha I did that once and my wife startEd to laugh at me and said no

5. Varasc Apr 18, 2014

Speedmaster for ever, Nima! :)

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 18, 2014

Modern Daytona does nothing for me personally, so it would be the Speedy.

VictorAlpha likes this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 18, 2014

I actually wear my Daytona more, but love my Speedmasters more, which is odd to say I guess, but the Daytona in real world use is probably the best watch I own. The 72 hour PR is brilliant for weekends, take it off Friday arvo, put it on Monday morning. The clasp and easy-link system are top notch, the thin profile makes it perfect for cuffs and it never gets bashed on door jams like some taller pieces. Its water resistant to 100M (One of only two water resistant watches I own) and keeps extremely good time, its a technically and practically excellent watch in a lot of respects.

There's also this thing where if you walk into most Rolex dealers wearing one here where there's still a massive waiting list, the salesman will drop whoever they're talking to and fawn over you like you wouldn't believe. When you're trying to get spare links, a bracelet adjustment or whatever that can sometimes help out.

That said, I own one Daytona, and three Speedmasters. So that also says something.

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 18, 2014

I prefer the one I can read: Speedmaster.
    I sold my first and only Daytona 4130 because I had to study the minute register to determine the elapsed time. I think the 4130 is one of the finest chrono movements on the market. But even a 40+ year old design has its place in current production (Lemania in the Speedmaster, or the Zenith El Primero).
    Which dial configuration on a solid gold Daytona is the easiest to read? I only say solid gold because neither the black nor white dial stainless Daytona's are legible to me...