Forums Latest Members
  1. Diabolik Oct 22, 2014

well, it's here ...

Very pretty and ticks all of the boxes. Just wondering if anyone has a technical illustration of how the pushers fit together. It seems that it is all correct apart from the actual pusher bit which is a cheap brass replacement as opposed to the stainless steel original one. If that is the case it will just be a matter of turning a new one to the exact dimensions!

d IMG_0099.JPG

Allant, Dogmann, 88cut and 3 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 22, 2014

Gorgeous. Love those sword hands and blued finish.... and just enough patina.

Need I say more?

Well, yes.....

Dibs.

3. Utterlyprep Oct 22, 2014

A superb find, it's absolutely stunning!!!!!

4. ELV web Oct 22, 2014

Wonderful piece, looking forward to see your pusher cap getting finished by your skilled hands.

5. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Oct 22, 2014

Diabolik: Have you ever published photos of your shop? If not would you consider it? I'd love a tour.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 22, 2014

that is in astonishing condition. Great pickup.

7. Mothra Oct 22, 2014

Delicate hands that I really like....

Diabolik likes this.
  8. Waynepjr Oct 23, 2014

I am drooling.... :thumbsup:

Wayne

9. Diabolik Oct 23, 2014

Shop ? I dont have have a shop.

I have a lathe and a mill that I use to make bits for aircraft like bushes and bespoke engine and airframe parts as buying stuff like that would cost an arm and a leg. It is a nice bit of kit and very adaptable to other engineering tasks such as making small parts.

anyone have a technical drawing of pusher ?

10. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Oct 23, 2014

You keep your equipment in your living room? If you do, I'd probably call it your shop and I would be interested in seeing it. I guess it's just me.

Contra-wise, the room where I keep my test bench, power supplies, o-scope, logic analyzers, bins of discrete parts like transistors, capacitors, and ICs, etc, is just a room that I don't use for anything else except storing my piles of vintage audio junk. If anybody asked to see my lab, I'd assume that was the room they were referring to.

Oddly, my office (a couple of employers in the past) used to have "DANGER: Laser Lab" in big letters on the door, although it wasn't a laboratory and didn't contain any lasers other than the ones in my mice and DVD burners.

::rimshot::

Diabolik likes this.
  11. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 24, 2014

I'm waiting for the model down to arrive within the next couple - few days. It's just a regular (3) register "Compax".

i would assume the pushers are identical? The watch is going straight off to my watchmaker once I receive it. I could ask him to take micro measurements or maybe have him fabricate (2) new pieces. He's a freaking wizard of all thing metal.

The dial on your watch is sick - looks almost perfect! Mine is a little messy around the edges but otherwise in acceptable condition (for my tastes).

image.jpg
  12. Diabolik Oct 24, 2014

looks better in photos ... It is quite amazing though and a real beauty. That compax also looks the business. Such fine pieces of engineering and so hard to find now! ok, I get it, I shall post images of my "workshop" which is also my office and retreat from my crazy household! ::jumpy::

13. Diabolik Dec 15, 2014

I have worked out how to make steel caps for pushers ...

Mothra, Modest_Proposal and Waynepjr like this.