Forums Latest Members
  1. Mousey Jul 21, 2014

In my Grandmother's belongings I have come across this watch (see attachments). There's no markings on the dial. When it's opened, Omega is stamped on the inside, along with 18k and the numbers: 3276131. There are also various words and numbers scratched onto the gold surface; 2433, 2516 and a word I cannot read. Would any of you know anymore about it? I suspect it's come from a Swiss Great-great aunt and has come into my grandmother's possession when she passed away. DSCF8389.JPG DSCF8390.JPG DSCF8391.JPG

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 21, 2014

Looks like an 18K gold Omega ladies pocketwatch from about 1904-5, based on the case serial number. Someone added lugs later to attach a strap or ribbon so that the watch could be worn on the wrist.

The dial could be original to the watch, or a later replacement for broken, signed dial. Really no way to know.

Without pictures of the movement, that's about all I can say.
    gatorcpa

citizenrich likes this.
  3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 21, 2014

..... but that is one of the most intricate case backs I have ever seen. To me it looks like hundreds (or maybe thousands) of Omega symbols, all intertwined. It is also remarkably un-worn for this level of detail. I would suggest getting this looked at by a high-end auction house. It may be nothing but you would have nothing to loose either.

citizenrich likes this.