Forums Latest Members
  1. M.D. Jul 16, 2014

Hello forum members. I'm new to the site and am enjoying all the information that's shared. This is a great place to learn and the overall theme of helping each other and transparency is fantastic.

As a new member I do have a question. What is the etiquette for seeking feedback / advice regarding postings in the For Sale forum on this site? I did some searching but was unable to find any threads that addressed this.

There's a lot of good feedback regarding eBay auctions as well as feedback regarding sellers on this site. However there are listings from newer members where no feedback exists. Would you guys approach those listings in a similar fashion as an eBay listing?

Cheers,
    Michael

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 16, 2014

Honesty is always the best policy. In your listings (should you sell any piece) always try and describe it to the best of your knowledge include any information that you know about it including things like

• condition,
    • running or not,
    • known damage,
    • service history,
    • box and papers included.
    • year
    • model reference
    Most of the vintage guys if not all will spot a redial in an instant or any other flaw for that matter to be as honest as you can.

If you need any advice post your question as clear as possible every member on here are decent unlike some other forums so don't be shy to ask. In terms of sellers with no feedback do not be afraid to ask anyone to 'vet' the watch or seller - everyone has to start somewhere.

P.s Set your self a nice avatar ;)

tpatta likes this.
  3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 16, 2014

If you want to ask questions about specific "for sale" watches, the best thing to do is to send a pm to one of the mods. If they don't know, they will either point you in the direction of a member who will know or invite that person to join in your "conversation". This avoids all-out slanging matches if something is amiss with a particular watch.

4. M.D. Jul 16, 2014

Thank you for the reply DLT222, it's much appreciated. I ask as someone who would be a prospective buyer (possibly now or in the future) and wasn't sure if it would be frowned upon to ask the members to vet a watch and/or seller listed here. I wouldn't think so, but felt it was best to ask.

One thing I've learned here is to be patient and buy a quality example of a piece you want. Having the opinion of the forum weighing in is a tremendous help.

Thanks again.

And I'll work on my avatar :)

5. M.D. Jul 16, 2014

Thanks Stewart H, this is helpful. That's exactly what I'm hoping to avoid.