Forums Latest Members

First Omega Speedmaster Dark Side Of The Moon Pics

1. MyVintageOmega Apr 22, 2013

Man .....I'd love a blued SS strap custom job on this.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

By the looks and sounds its not actually a PVD case at all, but rather a solid ceramic one which is pretty damn cool!

Another view from twitter:

IMG_96.jpg

genepomelo and Trev like this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

its on the first page ;)

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

just a higher res pic, if you click on it it'll get even bigger

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

ahhhh nice!!

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 22, 2013

Uber cool.............. Omega really push 9300 with Speedmaster association. Right move I think. Now I can understand ceramic case and bezel, but the crown and pusher should be metal right? Then it should still be using PVD or DLC.

dsio likes this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

Could very well be all ceramic, keeping in mind when it comes to this technology, Omega has a massive amount expertise and engineering at its disposal through the Swatch Group, and Rado has been making ceramic cases since forever.

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 22, 2013

what is with the [ZrO2] on the dial?
    Capture.PNG

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

CERAMIC BABY!!

Uses

The main use of zirconia is in the production of ceramics,[6][7] with other uses including as a protective coating on particles of titanium dioxide pigments,[1] as a refractory material, in insulation, abrasives and enamels. Stabilized zirconia is used in oxygen sensors and fuel cell membranes because it has the ability to allow oxygen ions to move freely through the crystal structure at high temperatures. This high ionic conductivity (and a low electronic conductivity) makes it one of the most useful electroceramics.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zirconium_dioxide

10. ulackfocus Apr 22, 2013

Oh, and I thought it was some limited production watch to match the Corvette. :oops:

( :D )

Privateday7 and DLT222 like this.
  11. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

:)

12. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2013

News just in....

The black zirconium oxide ceramic dial, complemented by a matching ceramic 44.25 mm case with a brushed and polished ceramic casebody, features striking 18K white gold applied indexes as well as two blackened sub-dials that distinguish the timepiece from its legendary predecessor, OMEGA’s “Moonwatch”.

These two sub-dials are made possible by the innovative placement of the 12-hour and 60-minute counters on the same sub-dial at the 3 o’clock position, allowing a comfortable and intuitive chronograph reading.

There is a small seconds sub-dial located at 9 o’clock and a date window at 6 o’clock. The hour and minute Moonwatch-style hands are fashioned from 18K white gold, as are the hands found on both sub-dials; the central chronograph hand is rhodium plated and features a red tip for increased visibility of recorded seconds. Super-LumiNova coats the two dots at 12 and the hour, minute and chronograph hands ensuring that the wearing can read the time in a variety of lighting conditions.

Protecting this prominent dial is a box-form scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides.

The matt chromium nitride tachymeter scale – among the most identifiable design features of the Speedmaster – stands out on the polished ceramic bezel. The two polished ceramic chronograph control pushers on the case function totally independently – accordingly, there is no risk to the chronograph mechanism as a result of inadvertent manipulation.

This unique timepiece is presented on a highly durable black Cordura® fabric strap complete with a black ceramic buckle. The timepiece is water resistant to 5 bar (50 metres / 167 feet).