Forums Latest Members

FedEx Billing me Duties/Taxes on Serviced Watch?

1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 30, 2014

I believe this has all been explained quite well. No sense over thinking this. If Al has any further concerns he will let us know.:thumbsup:

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 30, 2014

No, I would leave it alone. Al's now shared with us the appropriate method for non-US watchmakers to file the customs paperwork with couriers for watch repairs.

I'm sure this will all work out for you in the end.

FWIW, I believe that the contractor vs. employee issue with courier services have been out there for decades. Not just FedEx involved. All of the companies are involved. It should wind up with the Supreme Court one day as it directly affects interstate commerce.

Last, the USPS and Canada Post have been conducting their own little war for quite some time now. I've had packages held up by customs for weeks. This doesn't seem to happen except for mail service between the U.S. and Canada.

No clue as to why it's happening,
    gatorcpa

3. msp1518 Nov 3, 2014

I just received a letter from FedEx asking for just under $4.00 for the SM300 I received from Al. Needless to say, it made me chuckle.

4. Baco Noir Nov 3, 2014

FedEx is F-ed up sometimes. It happened to me with one of my watches and I tried over and over to get them the paperwork they needed to prove the duties weren't due, but finally I got to the point where I had put in much more time than the money was worth and was getting nowhere, so I just paid them and put it behind me.