SOLD Early 1950s Omega Constellation Globemaster

1. kyle L
    kyle L Grasshopper
     Sep 1, 2012
    I really hate to let this one go, but I really need the funds. :( I'm asking $800 shipped in the U.S., I figured I'd post it here first. There is a great article here by Desmond on why it's a pretty special model.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mondodec//Globemasterpost.pdf

The watch has been polished, but the dial and hands are original. The crystal and crown are not Omega, but I can include an Omega Clover crown and will try to supply a crystal if you can give me the dimensions. There are some minor dents and scratches here and there shown in the pictures.The back medallion is in great shape, and the watch was just serviced and runs great. The dial has some patina, and it oddly reminds me of a map. :p It takes an 18mm strap, and is ready for a new owner. Sold as is and with no returns.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

(A better picture of the patina before crown and cracked crystal was replaced)

[IMG]

Small dent on the side of the case:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    1. 13 Replies
    2. 1,174 Views
    3. Last post by MKelley Sep 14, 2012
  2. kyle L
    kyle L Grasshopper
     Sep 1, 2012
    Caseback:

[IMG]
    MKelley likes this.
  3. MSNWatch
    MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado
     Sep 2, 2012
    Not in the market for one but wanted to say this is a good watch to have in a vintage omega collection and Kyle is a trustworthy seller.
    MKelley likes this.
  4. kyle L
    kyle L Grasshopper
     Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks Mike!
  5. ulackfocus
    ulackfocus Dennis @ ΩF - vociferous quartzophobe
     Sep 2, 2012
    Nuts, I was hoping this would be the white waffle Globemaster. :whistling:

But Mike is right about Kyle being an honest seller. :thumbsup:
  6. gatorcpa
    gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator
     Sep 2, 2012
    If I didn't already have a similar watch, and just made a large purchase, I'd be all over this one.

Highly recommended to any Constellation collector!
    gatorcpa
    MKelley likes this.
  7. astrosfan
     Sep 2, 2012
    I have a couple of impending purchases, otherwise I'd be all over this. Hope it stays in the family though.
  8. dsio
    dsio Ash @ ΩF
     Sep 2, 2012
    gatorcpa
    gatorcpa said
    If I didn't already have a similar watch, and just made a large purchase, I'd be all over this one.

Highly recommended to any Constellation collector!
    gatorcpa
    That's just it isn't it, who on this site /hasn't/ sent themselves broke buying new toys in the last few months... lol
    MKelley likes this.
  9. kyle L
    kyle L Grasshopper
     Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks guys, I'm hoping it'll go to a good home, maybe even to a member here.

ulackfocus
    ulackfocus said
    Nuts, I was hoping this would be the white waffle Globemaster. :whistling:

But Mike is right about Kyle being an honest seller. :thumbsup:
    I'm not giving that one up so easily...:D
  10. MKelley
     Sep 10, 2012
    MSNWatch
    MSNWatch said
    Not in the market for one but wanted to say this is a good watch to have in a vintage omega collection and Kyle is a trustworthy seller.
    No question Kyle is a trustworthy seller.
  11. MKelley
     Sep 10, 2012
    kyle L
    kyle L said
    Caseback:
    Very nice...:thumbsup:
    kyle L
    kyle L said
    I really hate to let this one go, but I really need the funds. :( I'm asking $800 shipped in the U.S., I figured I'd post it here first. There is a great article here by Desmond on why it's a pretty special model.

The watch has been polished, but the dial and hands are original. The crystal and crown are not Omega, but I can include an Omega Clover crown and will try to supply a crystal if you can give me the dimensions. There are some minor dents and scratches here and there shown in the pictures.The back medallion is in great shape, and the watch was just serviced and runs great. The dial has some patina, and it oddly reminds me of a map. :p It takes an 18mm strap, and is ready for a new owner. Sold as is and with no returns.

Small dent on the side of the case.
    To be totally candid, I would love to acquire this. But, right now I have a Blancpain being serviced (that's a story for another day) & not certain of the final cost. In addition, given that I've made recent Omega acquisitions, I'm gonna need to cool my jets for awhile & replenish the piggy bank. I too hope the watch goes to someone here. :thumbsup:
  12. MKelley
     Sep 10, 2012
    kyle L
    kyle L said

Small dent on the side of the case:
    Kyle, I really like this. Once I get my Blancpain back from service, I'll be in a better position to know if I can afford it. :unsure:
  13. kyle L
    kyle L Grasshopper
     Sep 13, 2012
    Sold! Thanks guys. :thumbsup:
    MKelley likes this.
  14. MKelley
     Sep 14, 2012
    kyle L
    kyle L said
    Sold! Thanks guys. :thumbsup:
    Good to know:thumbsup: