Forums Latest Members

Does any one have a favorite watch shops in Tokyo, Japan?

1. DG GW Feb 24, 2015

Does any one have a favorite watch shops in Tokyo, Japan? Looking for vintage watches. I did a search and found out about Jack Road and Kame Kichi in the Nakano Broadway mall. I will also be in Seoul, Korea for a few days.

Any one have any suggestions?

2. lillatroll Feb 24, 2015

I was in Seoul Korea a few years ago and there is an area that I cannot remember the name of, however I went into a watch shop where they had quite a few omega watches but they were, in my opinion, overpriced, they had a dynamic watch that was ok but they wanted over a 1000 dollars for it which was pretty steep. Obviously this might not be indicative of all watch shops but it was the only one I found and I was there for 7 weeks holiday.

3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 24, 2015

4. timjohn Feb 24, 2015

I went to Lemon in Ginza church last week: a bit disappointing....

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Feb 24, 2015

Sweet Road is worth looking into

abrocketsfan, adlee9 and Kringkily like this.
  6. alfanator Feb 24, 2015

Nakano Broadway is the place to go for vintage. Some watch shops around kabuki-cho as well but mainly recent examples.

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 24, 2015

Go to Ueno station and heading to Ameyokocho shopping street.
    There are dozens second hand branded watches stores, which probably 3-4 specializing in vintage watches.
    Last time I visited, there are few mission logo speedmasters, a Gemini IV and a 35th Panda Speedmaster in a mixed brand store.
    One of the store has few high end vintage watches from IWC, Vacheron and Patek. They also sell vintage cameras and audios.
    One other store specializing in Japanese vintage watches (Seiko, Grand seiko, Citizen, Orient)
    Another Rolex-only store has couple McQueen explorers, pre daytona chronograph and few vintage subs.

Edited Feb 24, 2015
    NT931 likes this.
  8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 24, 2015

Disimpan

9. ELV web Feb 25, 2015

I find that watch shopping online using Japanese katakana letters to search has been quite rewarding....

10. DG GW Feb 25, 2015

Great thanks. Just starting to think about accommodation's any suggestion for hotels? Going in October.

11. ELV web Feb 26, 2015

If you don't mind efficient space, APA hotel is my pick. Very clean and comfy bed, enough space to put in 2 big luggages. Me, my wife and our 2 yr old go to Japan (Kansai, kanto, Hokkaido) and we always like APA, if you are lucky can even book at below 8000yen for their ginza locations. Basically they are everywhere, very clean and cost efficient. Make sure you ask for non-smoking. Have a good trip.

12. devnull Apr 22, 2015

For reservations around Japan I use Agoda.com. Their interface is very good and you get access to a wide range of accommodations from the capsule hotels (don't bother, or at the very least don't schedule more than one night) to hostels, to traditional places, all the way up to five star hotels.

13. Banner Roar Oct 27, 2016

How did the trip to Tokyo go, I am there for a week in Nov and have a free day for hunting around.