Forums Latest Members
  1. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 6, 2014

I cannot say enough about Darren aka DLT222. He went out of his way on a level I have never seen before from a seller. Darren was aware of my love of the 45th Apolo 11, he also knows of my disdain of paying retail. He was traveling and found an AD who had 2 in stock. A few PMs and text messages later he had purchased it for me and on his return to the US dropped it off at FedEx. It arrived this morning and is as beautiful a watch as I have ever laid eyes on. Please understand that Darren and I do not know each other aside from this forum. We have never met and until two days ago had never spoken to each other on the phone. He really stepped up to the plate in helping me get my hands on #155/1969. Cannot say enough about this guy. I hereby take back all the bad things I have said about the British. ::bleh:: I hope to get to Miami in the near future to thank him in person.

watchme, JohnSteed, Dablitzer and 2 others like this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 6, 2014

Tony - it was a true pleasure to help you locate this piece. Thx for the feedback and enjoy the 45th!

3. repoman Aug 6, 2014

That's what I call going above and beyond. Especially because this watch comes in a huge box, so not that easy to travel with. Congrats, I'm wearing #195 right now, and I echo your sentiment on the beauty of this watch.

DLT222 and tpatta like this.
  4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 6, 2014

Yep it is a heavy box - I could have helped with that DSOTM.... There are ways and means ;)

tpatta likes this.
  5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 6, 2014

Talking of heavy boxes.... It's no where near as heavy as the 50th Anniversary of the Speedmaster now that does weigh some!!!