Forums Latest Members
  1. Charilaos Nov 6, 2014

Because high-end watches are not always the expensive ones or the "famous" brands watches here you can see my High-End Deck Chronometer ΠΩΛΕΤ.
    A mechanical chronometer from POLJOT (ΠΩΛΕΤ in the dial is the POLJOT in Cyrillic).
    In the past the vessels used mechanical chronometers for fix positioning and of course for the daily routine on board!!
    The main chronometer was in the bridge and permanent inside the special box, usually very heavy (more than 3 kilos the movement without the boxes!!!!!) and certified for maritime usage from technician from observatory. Very accurate and reliable.
    Apart of this they used to have one "Deckwatch", smaller for time transfer on board and for daily routine.
    Here you can see my Deck-watch: A 3002 Poljot Deckwatch Marine watch fabricated for the Soviet navy but never used. Came to me as NOS with
    the certificate of Russian military naval authority adjustment!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see from above it's a beautiful one quite big for a pocket watch as it counts 63 mm, height 19 mm.
    The silver-white dial has the Cyrillic inscription "Poljot" and "made in Russia"with flat mineral glass.The case back is a double one: The red base for fitting inside the wooden box and for protecting the polished second one inside.
    The massive wooden box made of oak (dimensions of the Box: 75mm height, 100mm width and 130mm length) - loading of the clock and tell time (Deckuhr) possible by opening the upper lid.
    Opening the second case back you can admire the movement inside. A state of art!!!!!!
    Gold-plated high-precision hand-wound movement Poljot 53303 with 22 jewels, swan-neck fine adjustment, compensation balance, decorated movement with Genfer Streiffenschliff, diameter 53 mm, height 12 mm. The work is engraved with the calibre type, serial number , the production date and the Cyrillic inscription 22 jewels. Power reserve 40 hours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This movement is an exact replica of the famous Ulysse Nardin chronometer:
    [​IMG]

Last but not least:
    After proper adjustment of my restaurateur my deckwatch working now as per the optimal specifications!!
    Practical in 3and half months gain 36 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 6, 2014

Я ревную красивая :D

3. Charilaos Nov 6, 2014

Correct! it's a beauty!!!!!!

4. papazulu Oct 13, 2015

Not that I don't like people who use my pictures...but at least you could have asked first.
    That Ulysse Nardin is my watch, maybe I should print my name on my photos?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 14, 2015

::popcorn::

Tritium likes this.
  6. Tubber Oct 14, 2015

"In the past"? Believe it is still a SOLAS requirement to carry both a Chronometer and a Sextant.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 16, 2015

8. Charilaos Oct 17, 2015

Excuse me but I didn't mention that this picture is mine and I use it because there was in a public web page without any copyright restrictions.
    If you don't want to use your pictures just lock them.

JimInOz likes this.
  9. Tubber Oct 17, 2015