Forums Latest Members

Cousins? Brothers? Father and son? Or .... Breakfast!

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 29, 2014

Two recent acquisitions. These older textured/waffle dials have really caught my eye lately. :)
    image.jpg

Little brother arrived a few weeks ago - 2672-2, manual wind caliber 410, stainless steel case with rose gold markers and hands. Serial number makes it circa 1953...
    image.jpg

Big brother just arrived today from Romania. Reference 2657-4 2494 Seamster Automatic, circa 1951, so a bit older. Also Stainless steel case with rose gold markers and hands ... a popular combo apparently. Caliber 342...On the wrist - wow - the "bumper" movement is quite apparent! The Omega vintage database didn't pull up this exact case reference - the 2494 variation isn't shown. The one shown on the database looks smaller and doesn't have the "6" marker, so I'll be looking for more info on this this one when I have some time. Needs a cloverleaf crown, which I hope won't be too hard to find.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

:cool:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Varasc, NT931, Northernman and 4 others like this.
  2. John R Smith Aug 30, 2014

Very nice watches. You were brave, buying from Romania ;)

The current Omega replacement cloverleaf crown is 42023 ST - which will, of course, have the modern Omega symbol on it.

If you can find an NOS one with the old symbol that would be nice, but the seal may no longer be properly waterproof.

P.S. The full current part number is actually 069ST42023, I quoted you the Cousins reference, apologies.

Darlinboy likes this.
  3. pitpro Likes the game. Aug 30, 2014

Nice. Now you need a black one. Or two.
    They must have been quite the style in Romania in the early
    1950"s. I have a black one, 2577 with a waffle that I bought
    from Romania.
    I heard someone say that the italic style numerals were on
    watches for the American market and the normal numerals
    were for everywhere else.

Darlinboy likes this.